PSA 900 meeting?

Growth at the regionals, through larger airframes, means a lack of growth at the Majors. . .you know. . .the place we all want to get to at some point, or at least that's how it sounds.

So no, don't let the airframe come on property first, then ask questions later. That's ridiculous.

I want the growth at the National majors, and Legacy companies. Not my rinky-dink regional that is flying the same routes that DC-9s and 727s flew a decade ago. The growth needs to be at the majors. Meaning that Captains who want to move out of the regionals into new equipment, with a new company, can. As that flow upward moves, so does it from the bottom. FOs to Captains, and the long sit continues until they feel it's their time to move on.

Everyone wants the growth at the majors, but if it's not going to happen, it might as well be your company who gets the growth at the regionals. That's all he is saying.

Growth at the regionals, through larger airframes, means a lack of growth at the Majors. . .you know. . .the place we all want to get to at some point, or at least that's how it sounds.

There are people in this industry who don't give a flyin' flip about anything other that the here and now. SJS, jet-drunk -- call it what you will. I hate to say it, but senior regional careerist CA's would probably support the 900s. I really feel that every plane with "Connect" or "Express" on the side should have props on the engines. Bring back the Dork Prop! It's just like putting some of your pay in a savings account or a 401k. You could really use the cash now, but you really need it to be there in the future.

PSA is in a bad situation because there a many sticks and then there is a stick disguised as a carrot. The sticks: PSA has the contract coming up, a J4J history, pilots on furlough, and some idiot at Piedmont II making horrible lines. The carrot/stick is the 900. Just a coincidence that all this 900 stuff comes up (and that mgt wants to trade 200s for 900s) when the crappiest 200 lines come out, but the 700 ones are ok? A little indirect pressure?

Airways has been saying that there will be no new planes for the WOs because all of the cash is going to pay the fuel bill. Right? I know oil is down, but I would think they would try to sack away whatever cash they could. Didn't LCC start the year with about $5B in unrestricted cash?

Get the 900s

Get the flow through

You don't want to flow to US Airways mainline?

Delta/NW already have 900s, and so does UAL.

Southwest, FDX, and UPS are not affected by regional carriers with 900s.

Airways has been saying that there will be no new planes for the WOs because all of the cash is going to pay the fuel bill. Right? I know oil is down, but I would think they would try to sack away whatever cash they could. Didn't LCC start the year with about $5B in unrestricted cash?

I saw an article earlier today, Scott Kirby touting how they are still taking delivery of new planes despite oil, and other economic pressures.

http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=9034446&nav=HMO6

That isn't the same article, but it's the same story.

US Airways plane buys on track despite market woes

Associated Press - September 18, 2008 3:34 PM ET

PHOENIX (AP) - US Airways President Scott Kirby says he feels "pretty good" about paying for new aircraft despite the financial meltdown on Wall Street.

Kirby told investors Thursday at a conference in New York that the Tempe-based airline already has financing agreements in place for its aircraft, and it has no near-term financing needs when it comes to planes.

He added that the pressure to raise cash has diminished as oil prices dropped from their peak of nearly $150 a barrel.

However, Kirby says US Airways will continue charging fees for checked bags, sodas and other in-flight services.

The carrier also will move forward with plans to cut available seats by as much as 10% next year in hopes of keeping air fares high.
Big deal right, I know.

Anyone else hear J.R. was quoted in the CLT crew room as saying, "I personally think we may have furloughed too many."

Everyone wants the growth at the majors, but if it's not going to happen, it might as well be your company who gets the growth at the regionals. That's all he is saying.

Surprisingly, I understood that.

But simply because we want growth, doesn't mean we must give up our own personal career expectations.

I'm sorry, but I don't plan on being a career regional pilot. If that looks like that's going to be the case, then this job really isn't worth it to me.

Once again, that's a personal statement, and we are all our own individual when it comes to such.

But, the growth needs to be, and will come to the Majors so long as we as pilot groups quit drooling for the newest shiny jet.

Anyone else hear J.R. was quoted in the CLT crew room as saying, "I personally think we may have furloughed too many."

I don't know if other airlines are like this, but at PSA, a Chief Pilot's view doesn't count. Just the way the leadership does business.

Also, it's pretty normal that they furlough too many. Apparently this happens every time they dump people on the street. There have been junior man calls for both seats pretty much every day recently.

Surprisingly, I understood that.

But simply because we want growth, doesn't mean we must give up our own personal career expectations.

I'm sorry, but I don't plan on being a career regional pilot. If that looks like that's going to be the case, then this job really isn't worth it to me.

Once again, that's a personal statement, and we are all our own individual when it comes to such.

But, the growth needs to be, and will come to the Majors so long as we as pilot groups quit drooling for the newest shiny jet.

I too once upon a time wanted only the best, thinking having the best contract and higher pay was desirable (even at a regional). Unfortunately as has been stated we are are own worst enemies.

Pilots are falling over themselves to get to certain carries that are hiring, even ones that pay worse than most and are in horrible negotiations with expired contracts. I remember when I was looking for a job their was a certain carrier with a base near me but I heard only poor evaluations of the company....That it was not a great place to work. Ok...the contract hasn't changed but now that they have the biggest shiny jet around with plenty of movement this company is all of a sudden the greatest thing around????? It's about MOVEMENT within the regionals. That's why people don't want to work at Eagle. Sure they have a good contract but you can't upgrade. Why not go to a non-union carrier that is a mess but will upgrade you in a year or two?

Did you see the multitude of threads asking who was going to get the Freedom -900s? It's because that would equate to growth. All the Delta connections pilots wanted a piece of that but nobody really talks about what a joke of a pay rate comes with it. You want to fly it for what it's worth....Sorry, no thanks...not "cost competitive enough." There will always be someone cheaper to fly it who will take 50 seat rates with a few extra bones thrown their way to keep them sedate.

I don't know if other airlines are like this, but at PSA, a Chief Pilot's view doesn't count. Just the way the leadership does business.

Also, it's pretty normal that they furlough too many. Apparently this happens every time they dump people on the street. There have been junior man calls for both seats pretty much every day recently.

Good news I suppose about the junior man calls. The letters given were meant to be the other J.R. not the CP. Not sure if it's true or not, just rumor, like much else.

I saw an article earlier today, Scott Kirby touting how they are still taking delivery of new planes despite oil, and other economic pressures.

http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=9034446&nav=HMO6

That isn't the same article, but it's the same story.

Big deal right, I know.

Interesting. I wonder if this means they are going to take the 2 A330s, etc after all? I don't see how doing a 1:1/200:900 swap will reduce capacity. Now a 2:1 will do it. :banghead:

Well, when THAT JR is talking I listen even less. This might be one of those RARE cases where he is actually right.

Well, when THAT JR is talking I listen even less. This might be one of those RARE cases where he is actually right.

Yea but it's been stated already and confirmed by you, the company doesn't give a flying *bleep about what the line pilots or even management pilots have to say. When I was furloughed everyone thought this was going to be a 2-4 month thing, like I said then though, I think it will be much longer just because management doesn't want to be proven wrong.

When I was furloughed everyone thought this was going to be a 2-4 month thing, like I said then though, I think it will be much longer just because management doesn't want to be proven wrong.

That was their Brooklyn Bridge sales pitch. The "we'll reevaluate the situation in August" line was a load of pooh. Unless all the CAs go to Airways, nobody is going back until at least February/March.

That was their Brooklyn Bridge sales pitch. The "we'll reevaluate the situation in August" line was a load of pooh. Unless all the CAs go to Airways, nobody is going back until at least February/March.

Even then, there will not be a need for 79 pilots by the spring. I think the stuff they are feeding the poolies is bull as well. In my (idiotic, know nothing) opinion, it won't be until 2010 before all bodies are back on property. Even then, that depends on a whole mess of other things beyond anyones control.

BTW, is it just me, or did that last MEC fast read look like a shakespear play? I read it 3 times before I fully understood it.

BTW, is it just me, or did that last MEC fast read look like a shakespear play? I read it 3 times before I fully understood it.

The-Simpsons---Mr-Burns-Excellent--.jpg

I think you're missing my point. Let's try this one...

bush-mission-accomplished.jpg

I think that was Photoshopped.* Nice picture, by the way. :laff:*

...or are you saying that an ambiguous, cryptic, read-between-the-lines message was the intent?:bandit:

*Joke!

Back