PSA 33 Downgrade, 49 FO Furloughs

meyers9163

Well needless to say the title is enough.... I'm one of those... time to look for a new job! Many in a worst position then I am so I will look at this as a time to build a stronger relationship with my girlfriend and spend time with my father who is recovering from open heart.

If anyone knows of opportunities around Indy let me know!

Well needless to say the title is enough.... I'm one of those... time to look for a new job! Many in a worst position then I am so I will look at this as a time to build a stronger relationship with my girlfriend and spend time with my father who is recovering from open heart.

If anyone knows of opportunities around Indy let me know!

I saw an ad that Lewis U was looking for CFIs.

Paul, I'm really sorry to hear about that. Let me know if you need any help in your job search. I have lots of friends on the furlough list and my entire initial class will be downgraded.

I'm still with the darkside and busting my you know what to stay in the department.

Man this really sucks. :(

49 More or 49 total? Jeez..... no bueno 'mano.....

49 additional. So now we have the 27+49=76... roughly 15% of our pilot group.

Like said by many of our guys who were let go in the 1st round I'm looking at this as a blessing. As mentioned it'll be time to work on somethings at the home front. Also I'm looking forward to spending time with the children I left at the youth center I was in charge of before going to the airlines. I will enjoy my line next month and look for things while on the road. Guess I'll take a camera and start taking pics while flying now! :)

ps... so I hear Pinnacle might be hiring... Who knows. But I also hear they dont make you resign your seniority, can anyone confirm this? I will be around 900/600 with 400 SIC... i know not impressive compared to many out there. Its why I feel lucky to even be in the position I was in.

If you are serious about PNCL just PM me. I have someone you can get in contact with that will help with the next step. Its all in who ya know. Sorry about the furlough.

wow. . .wtf. . .I spoke to you right before I had dinner at about 6pm and you said you were still good.

Damn what 1.5 hours can do.

Sorry man.

Terrible news Paul. I'm on the chopping block too, but the ax hasn't fell yet. I have total faith you could find yourself in the right seat of a 172 around here if you want to. If you decide to instruct around here, let me know. We'll go flying.

Bob-duck, are you joining the used-to-be-left-seat party too?

I was looking at the list, I think he may just barely be safe.

Well, thanks for wishing ME well Dough! (How do you like my Fox News style out of context quoting?)

I'm safe for now. I think I've got 3 or 4 under me now. But obviously if they cut any more I'm back in the other seat.

It sucks all around for everybody who is getting the boot as well as those being shifted back to the right seat. The biggest disappointment is that the company made NO effort to even contact the union before hand, let alone try to work something out as far as mitigating some of the furloughs or downgrades. The union found out with the same email that the rest of the pilot group did. Awesomeness.

December 3 2007. Right in the middle of my class... 20 in my class and roughly 8 will be left.
Well Paul sorry buddy. At least we will have the option of coming back soon. i say we cause i am not sure any of Dec 3 class will be all right. i heard that 7 pilots didnt finish 700 differences sim and that two were fired outright and that the other five were taken off the line and had to take a PC. Also a couple guys on mil leave. Maybe a couple of resignations? Not too sure where these guys are in the mix. So that takes the cut off for Dec to about me or Pops. Not too sure I am up for a displacement. Best of luck...

Oh D'Duck you know I've got your back, homie!

Just "balls :(" about another furlough announcement.

Well Paul sorry buddy. At least we will have the option of coming back soon. i say we cause i am not sure any of Dec 3 class will be all right. i heard that 7 pilots didnt finish 700 differences sim and that two were fired outright and that the other five were taken off the line and had to take a PC. Also a couple guys on mil leave. Maybe a couple of resignations? Not too sure where these guys are in the mix. So that takes the cut off for Dec to about me or Pops. Not too sure I am up for a displacement. Best of luck...

Oh shoot, I forgot about those who did not pass differences training... hmm wonder if there really are that many. If so that could very well take out our December 3rd class. I might just encourage you to let those guys who are left in TYS who are picking up OPEN time that another cut will take them out. They might want to think about what they did the past couple months and how that might have had an impact in this. Now I realize it would have only saved maybe 1-2 people but still. Need to make them realize they need to stand strong down there in TYS and listen to the union and what they are told.

That's my only complaint in all of this. Out TYS crews seem to be this anti union I'll do what I want type of mentality and its not going to do anything but hurt them and us all in the end. Anyways I've got the phone calls in to people and we will see what happens as far as jobs go. So far it doesnt sound like the old FBO needs anyone (not even part time) and the Youth center I was in charge of is running short on cash (non profits always do this time of year) so we will see if they have the money to take me back. Honestly after looking over things I am very fortunate. I added up my bills and I can live off of $1000. So its not going to take the best of job to make ends meet. Things will be tight but at least I'm a little better off then some. Very thankful for that at least.

Back