Pro/Cons of Jet vs twin turbo prop

maybe a viperjet MKII, the gallery photos show golf clubs and luggage

like the ideas so far. Eventually I will have to buckle down and put together a serious presentation.

The trip would mostly be Pittsburgh Manassas Louisville Norfolk. An occasional trip to Honolulu but that is only an occasional business trip. Not in any specific order . It would carry an occasional politician but Ive seen the Dash 8 blackwater carries a lot of govt people around in so I know they don't always require a glamorous ride. People would vary from 2-8 and would either say a King Air or CJ2/CJ3 be adjustable(seats temp removed) for the occasional equipment transportation.

Trying to see if I can justify a CJ2/CJ3 operating costs for short trips.

Fuel alone for a CJ is going to run you about 1000lbs for KPIT-KHEF and about 1400lbs for the others, obviously excluding Hawaii and that flight will take the entire fuel capacity and whatever the rescue ship has to burn.

None of the machines you have listed are going across the pond without additional fuel tanks which means $$$. And putting more than 3-4 pax on the CJs means reducing fuel to meet max gross wt takeoff limits. We operated one from ATL-DFW and with winter winds and full pax, it was a stop in MS or LA for fuel.

KPIT to KHNL is over 4600nm so you are talking about a big machine with large fuel tanks. Distance is obviously cut in half staging out of SFO but still 2300nm is no short flight.

What would taking your jet single pilot to HI do to say your insurance, or weight with all the extra equipment you would need (floatation etc.)

Get a PC-12, then fly them to SFO, where they'll fly first class on Hawaiian Airlines. PC-12 gives them everything they want for in continental work.

Two Hawker Beechcraft products were parked next to each other on a ramp somewhere in Virginia today; a Hawker and a King Air 200. One came from the other side of the state, the other from Florida.

Today would have been a great day for me to be flying a King Air and the other company to own a Hawker.

Like everyone else said; buy whatever your mission dictates.

I'll second the PC-12 noted earlier. For your most common missions stated it will give great performance for the $$$. Fly them to the west coast and set them up first class to HI. With 1500nm range it is a great corporate platform. I love our NG...and highly recomend.

Back