Private Pilot only possible at ATP?

LPLArunway150

This is my first post, so please forgive me if I'm posting something that has been discussed before (I did do a search but couldn't find anything that would help).

Is it possible to get your private (and possibly your instrument) ticket/s through ATP without going on to their Airline Career Pilot Program? Any help will be appreciated.

LPLArunway15

LPLArunway150 said:
This is my first post, so please forgive me if I'm posting something that has been discussed before (I did do a search but couldn't find anything that would help).

Is it possible to get your private (and possibly your instrument) ticket/s through ATP without going on to their Airline Career Pilot Program? Any help will be appreciated.

LPLArunway15

Direct from the ATP website:

Flight Stage 1: Private Pilot Program & 85 Hours

Attain the Private Pilot Certificate & 85-hour flight time prerequisites for the Airline Career Pilot Program at your local FBO or with either of ATP’s Private Pilot Program options.
ATP offers two Private Pilot Program options exclusively to continuing Airline Career Pilot Program students. These programs are specially designed to quickly meet the Private Pilot license and 85-hour flight time prerequisites for ATP's Airline Career Pilot Program.
ATP offers committed, career-seeking students the best value in Private Pilot training. These Private Pilot Program options are offered only in conjunction with the Airline Career Pilot Program.

Basically, no. The private program there actually doesn't stop at the private, it get's you to 85 hours as well. I suppose you could do the private program and then do the career program and drop out, but why would you want to?

Mike

You could technically do it,but before you start the privte pilot program you have to put down a 1000 dollar deposit for the ACP program. So you would forfeit the 1000 dollar deposit if you just do the private pilot program. ATP probably doesnt promote this, but its an answer to your question.

i'm too lazy to read through all of your posts, but heres something that stood out to me in ATP's deal. you put 1000 DOWN payment WITH your ppl payment(s) toward the careerpilot thing. so if you dont come back to do it you threw a grand away.
:yeahthat:

Back