Prelim Itinerary...

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
give me your thoughts on this prelim itinerary...

Fri Nite: NJC M&G Event (Marriott Hotel Sports Bar)
Sat Early Morning: ORD TRACON tour (we need people with cars or someone that can map out a bus route or something to get people there and back).
Sat Mid Morning: Family & Kids MOSI Experience (Museum of Science and Industry) or Shedd Aquarium & Lunch (where, i dunno)
Sat Afternoon: ORD ARFF (Fire Dept on ORD property) tour
Sat Evening: Billy Goat's (dinner?)/Navy Pier/Fireworks
Sun: Open fun...

unfortunately, no minors or non-US citizens will be allowed on the TRACON tour because of security reasons. You must bring a valid DL or passport with you.

Sat Early Morning: ORD TRACON tour (we need people with cars or someone

Ouch... that's going to hurt.

not as much as if it was in vegas! Chicago's not really the same type of place and we're not providing a keg or anything....just meeting in the sports bar.

I wouldn't even know where to go to get some nightclub or nighttime bar action nearby! haha

If the weather is nice, why not find a nearby park with picnic tables and buy some foam coolers full of beer/drinks? It will be much cheaper, and much more comfortable than dropping $5 on hotel beers in a loud bar. I can check it out on a day off next week if you'd like.

Also, I can call some of those places we talked about to see if they can take a group for dinner. In fact, there is one in the "loop" that has a big side room with an open front that might work out great.

I have to talk it over with the new job. Thing is weekends are the busy time and most of us work on the weekends. I'll see what I can get off though. There was a rumot of a thurs/fri/sat off schedule floating around, but that might not happen. I'll know my schedule in a week.

I might just be out for Friday night, but that is better than nothing.

Sounds like a great time will be had by all.

If the weather is nice, why not find a nearby park with picnic tables and buy some foam coolers full of beer/drinks? It will be much cheaper, and much more comfortable than dropping $5 on hotel beers in a loud bar. I can check it out on a day off next week if you'd like.

Also, I can call some of those places we talked about to see if they can take a group for dinner. In fact, there is one in the "loop" that has a big side room with an open front that might work out great.
sure.. check it out.. but we're not renting any cars, so somehow we'd have to transport all the materials/food/drink to the location. if you want to tackle that, please be my guest as i really have no resources from this location to be able to get all that set up. :)

however, will the parks be open at night? like after 6pm?

How many people are you expecting to show up for the Friday night festivities?

As far as parks around that area there isn't all that much. I work less than a mile from the Marriott. Well check that...there is a park but it's in Park Ridge and once it gets the dark the Park Ridge police will more than likely be rolling by check out what the group is doing. I'm not sure if they have any laws restricting alcoholic beverages in their parks.

There is a RAM brewery / restaurant about a mile from the hotel that probably could fit everyone. We go there a lot for work functions. On the south side of the expressway there is a Bennigan's and just east of the hotel there is a Hooter's.

I guess it depends on if people will be eating or just drinking. If most people will be eating we may want to try and get a reservation at the RAM. Prices are not that bad and the beer is decent. Not sure what the Marriott offers as far as food service in the bar goes.

Sat Early Morning: ORD TRACON tour (we need people with cars or someone that can map out a bus route or something to get people there and back).
Sat Mid Morning: Family & Kids MOSI Experience (Museum of Science and Industry) or Shedd Aquarium & Lunch (where, i dunno)
Sat Afternoon: ORD ARFF (Fire Dept on ORD property) tour
Sat Evening: Billy Goat's (dinner?)/Navy Pier/Fireworks
Sun: Open fun...

unfortunately, no minors or non-US citizens will be allowed on the TRACON tour because of security reasons. You must bring a valid DL or passport with you.

Sounds good, I'll have to see times for the events saturday if my plans are going to happen. I will definitely see you all the friday before for the meet and greet. Let us know when you have times that you want to do these things.

kristie is there any chance in hell i can do a half njc chitown?

i can be there fri and sat morning but need to get on a flight back to newark for a graduation party. can i still go on the tracon tour? you are a hottie if you say yes!

How many people are you expecting to show up for the Friday night festivities?
right now, i only have 10 signed up and no confirmations (fees paid).

Not sure what the Marriott offers as far as food service in the bar goes.
I'm not sure either and not really going to ask otherwise they may think we're gonna do some type of event in there (;)) and want us to pay catering and function fees...i'm not getting that thick into this - not unless we have over 40 ppl coming out.

kristie is there any chance in hell i can do a half njc chitown?

i can be there fri and sat morning but need to get on a flight back to newark for a graduation party. can i still go on the tracon tour? you are a hottie if you say yes!
yea...why couldn't you just do the amount that you can? the registration is really only for hte event because i have to put nametags together and figure out how we're gonna do food/drink. but you can come and go as you please...

if you expect to attend the fri night event, then i need everyone registered and paid up. :)

OK I have my money in finally!:nana2: I have finals this week (only 2 and one is a take home final) and I'll be done for the summer:D .

Back