Basic Itinerary

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
1pm Friday: ORD TRACON Tour (confirmed for the following people): Ian_J, bmwm750, TonyW, Windycitypilot, Mikecweb; Avi8tor

5pm Friday: Dinner....where? Near Marriott for sure...who? no idea...that's what txt messaging is for! haha

7pm Friday: NJC Network Event (Champions Sports Bar inside the Marriott)
9/10pm-? Friday: NJC Social Event...at Bar...somewhere nearby or at least accessible by train.

10am Saturday: Meet in Marriott Lobby for downtown day trip...
Possible Day Plans will be discussed in lobby or on train into town (45 min ride, might as well talk about something to do with the day.. haha)

-Possible Trip ideas: Chicago Zoo (free), MOSI ($10), Shedd Aquarium ($25), Old Town Art Fair (free), Chi-town Blues Fest (free from what i can tell), Wrigley Field walking tour (free - we'll find our way around)

7:30PM Saturday Dinner Reservation: Bertucci's Corner (see Sat Dinner Reservation thread for more detail)

Sunday: Don't know what everyones trip home plans are but we could do another downtown run to the Art Fair, Blues Fest or what not.

Looking forward to it!! :nana2: :nana2:

edited to reflect recent changes (in italics & bold)

btw.. bring an umbrella...bring a swimsuit and some shorts...do you think we need bug repellant if we do outdoor activities (mosquitos LOVE me :()?

here's what the weather is calling for:

Fri
Jun 8
Partly Cloudy
85° Hi/61° Low
10% chance of rain

Sat
Jun 9
Scattered T-Storms
71° Hi/61° Low
30% chance of rain

Sun
Jun 10
Partly Cloudy
82° Hi/62° Low
10% chance of rain

The Blues Fest is a great time, I've been in the past. Ian and I are flying back sometime on Sunday.

We don't have any cicadas near me...we are over where tracon is. IT is strange how they are all over in some areas, and non-existant in others.

I think the cicadas are lacking in areas that have been developed in the last 17 years. I know out by my apartment, there is not any cicadas at all. By my parents house, the exact opposite.

We live in a house that has been here since the 1920's. That is why it is so strange to me that we don't have any of the bugs. The seniors at the high school that my students go to released cicadas in teh building on thier last day.

Back