prairie air service

Ckelly35

Has anyone used this place for their multi engine rating? All the treads are pretty old that mentioned it but it seems like a neat place to knock out the rating quick.

I have...back in 2004. Good small family style place, live in owners home (Airpark ) and very experienced instructor.

I have also been considering Prairie Air for my Comm Multi initial, prices very reasonable, plus I like the idea of staying onsite and really concentrating on training. Looking at February to take some time off and knock it out.

Bump....either of you two above end up going to PAS? Or anyone else that hasn't chimed in? Doing some investigatin' myself. I'm reading good things and the pricing is certainly a plus. I am only about 2.5 hours away. I hear the owner is a bit of a taskmaster in the air (putting it nicely) but that is tempered with lots of reviews about how experienced and thorough he is.

TIA.
Sarah

To be honest I never asked if he did I was living out there at the time. I would give him a call and ask. I'm sure he's got something set up since he has a lot of people come train from out of town.

Do they provide accommodation?
If not, how do you arrange one? Place to stay is always headache.
Yes, when I flew with Herb I stayed there. Kathy is great, makes dinners and left overs are fair game. You will be welcome as part of the family. Herb is very experienced and thorough. Benton has a bar and grill on the airport also, so you can run up there for a change of pace.

Anyway, good spot, he had an old Pontiac you could use to get around while there, hit the Y to work out or old Wichita to get out for a night.

I went to PAS for a few ratings. Herb has a well-planned system and knows what he is doing. For the price, I don’t think it can be beat. Most of the ground is self-study. He has the full set a king school DVDs.

Last year it was $240 an hour with a small full surcharge for the Apache.

He also gets really intense in the air and can be very hard on his students.

Herb does know what he is doing. Has a good pass rate last I knew.
I got my Commercial, instrument, and multi with him many years ago.

Back