Post deleted by Doug Taylor

Re: Did somebody Fart in Here?

I'm here. Whaddup C.??

Just been over in the Squawk squirting the flames of Conservatism.
wink.gif

I'm kind of around, studying on and off (mostly off) for a national government test later today.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

[ QUOTE ]
Just been over in the Squawk squirting the flames of Conservatism

[/ QUOTE ]

Those flames (both sides) are causing a lack of interest in the 'ol Jetcareers.com

Just not the same anymore...
crazy.gif

I agree guys. Unfortunately, until the problems of the world which adversely effect our chosen future profession change for the better, there's going to be very little aviation-related chat that's positive...like "I GOT HIRED at(fill in the airline/FBO/or School).

I'm hoping for the best so that I CAN talk about something else other than politics on JC.

I get all happy inside when I see a good aviation-related post - like A300Capt.'s today. Did that one not ROCK?

yeah cmartin - I stay out of the political debates too. They were interesting for a while...now like you I kinda just go "whaa...?" and scratch my head.

[ QUOTE ]
Just got back from cleaning up the hanger and helping a pal put his prop back on his Glasair -3

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Phoenix Composites bought them out when the folded a year or two back? Did PC sell 'em off again? Or is this a new, seperate company?

PC is located at "our" airport, btw!
wink.gif

I agree that limiting the political/war discussions would be a wise move. Everyone here probably already has their opinion about war and George Bush set in stone; any arguments on this forum are purely devisive. Particularly troubling is the manner in which some users vigoursly deride and stereotype anyone who disagrees with their particular view on these issues.

The Squawk box is a much better place for it, and even there I don't care to see it.

Alright I'll claim it...I cut the cheese. Yeah it stinks but damn did it feel good. Had to check my pants. Been a long day in class, been prairie doggin it till I got home!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Those flames (both sides) are causing a lack of interest in the 'ol Jetcareers.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. Although I'm sure it will never happen, it would be nice if we could limit the political flame throwing. This is an AVIATION website by the way…

R2F, You do bring up an interesting point though about the negative times in this industry and the fact that we really don’t have too many positive things to talk about. Hopefully we can get some more good aviation topics going in the near future...

Thanks goes out to A300Capt for such a good post earlier today!

Ha, poor Doug. He gets home from work or whatever to read political debates or discussions about farts on his aviation website! Ha, maybe I really don't envy the job he does!

I'm pretty much pooped out from all the bashing too, thats why I just refrain from commenting on the poli sci debates anymore.

I thought I was the only one! (about the politcal stuff in the sqawk box, not the farting part) I've actually been limiting my exposure to the sqawk box and I literally feel happier... nothing against jetcareers of course, this is an incredible site for a pilot wannbe like myself... but when you are on the minority side of the fight, it wears on you (the right is right!! JUST KIDDING, please don't kill me)

You guys keep having fun doing what you love, I'll stay on the ground for now and drive my desk... until I save enuff for a ppl
smile.gif

Just a quick comment on the political debates ...

Those of us who have been engaging in them, I think, for the most part have done a pretty good job at containing them to the Sqwauk Box. Of course the "Airlines say war ..." thread I posted a few days back got out of hand but it wasn't a total slaughter house.

However, it's not the political debates that are making things quiet around here - like R2F pointed out it's the state of the industry I think that is doing far more damage than our jousting. We've covered this in other posts, when the industry picks back up we'll see a ton of people on here asking the same old questions we all asked not too long ago - "how do I become a pilot?"

Maybe we ought to come up with a "Friday 'it happened to me'" post. Make it sticky and every Friday we'll all throw in a story or two about our flying encouters over the past week. Might help to keep some new stories, etc. that are solely flying related in the forums. I dunno, just an idea.

As for the political debate, I find them fun ... although I'm even tiring of them at this point. But, no one forces anyone to read them!
wink.gif
And if the title doesn't give it away (90% of the titles are extremely obvious as to the nature of the post) you can always hit the back button once you get into the thread.

Anyway, just my stupid opinon!

Feel free to throw cabbage ...

Back