PNCL Files Chapter 11

Geez. Heartbreaking and disgusting at the same time in regards to seeing the CEO get a giant pay raise one week and then a Chap 11 filing the next. Unbelievable. Best of luck to you guys :(

So wait, let me get this straight...Delta loaned Pinnacle $74million just so Pinnicle could turn around and pay back a $44million loan to Delta? Don't they still owe the money?

So all United Express operations will cease by August 1st, but Pinnacle will continue to fly all of the current Delta routes they currently hold. Anyone working there know what plans are? Delta doesn't fly props so I imagine this is going to be very painful for a lot of people. Next question is who? Is it possible that the Q's in the fleet that the company does own could be transferred to a U.S. Air contract to supplement and replace the aging Saab's?

I don't think internal company info like that should be posted on a public message board

So I sent ya a PM

Why? Do you really owe the company anything? I think not.

Best of luck to all my friends (and others) involved in that mess.

Sorry to heat this guys.... Really sucks, Watch out for each other and good luck! Remember, though this doesn't mean much, you still have every one of us on this site here for you.

Where are those 16(ATL)CRJ-900s going? I thought all the Delta flying was staying? Good luck guys that's a lot to take.

Where are those 16(ATL)CRJ-900s going? I thought all the Delta flying was staying? Good luck guys that's a lot to take.
From what I read, they are they 16 CR9's that Pinnacle bought themselves. They're trying to shed the aircraft and get them off the books.

Guess I'll be looking in the "Hiring Tracking" subforum more often now. I know I've been in this industry for only 4 years so I have no place to moan, but where do you go now? No turbine PIC, no type ratings, just a bunch of SIC time. The only thing to do is make a lateral move but I just can't justify myself going back down to 23 bucks and hour and sitting reserve. This really is depressing.

From what I read, they are they 16 CR9's that Pinnacle bought themselves. They're trying to shed the aircraft and get them off the books.

So is it certain that the ATL base will be closing, or is there a chance that they'll just shuffle some aircraft around and reduce the flying?

Not suprising. These low fare wars is whats causing it IMO. The airlines need to get real, and charge a ticket price that it actually costs to run an airline.

Pinnacle is not affected by low fares. At all. In any way.

Pinnacle is affected by signing a contract with United that was unprofitable.

No matter what United sells the tickets for, Pinnacle gets paid the same, and gets paid a flat fee for every flight. Hell, there's almost no way to NOT make money with a fee for departure setup.

Guess I'll be looking in the "Hiring Tracking" subforum more often now. I know I've been in this industry for only 4 years so I have no place to moan, but where do you go now? No turbine PIC, no type ratings, just a bunch of SIC time. The only thing to do is make a lateral move but I just can't justify myself going back down to 23 bucks and hour and sitting reserve. This really is depressing.

I am in you shoes as well and doing my best not to show how depressed I feel right now. 23/hr is out of the question, made that sacrifice before and not doing it again. Easier said than done, but keep you chin up and your resume current.

Good luck folk.

Pinnacle is not affected by low fares. At all. In any way.

Pinnacle is affected by signing a contract with United that was unprofitable.

No matter what United sells the tickets for, Pinnacle gets paid the same, and gets paid a flat fee for every flight. Hell, there's almost no way to NOT make money with a fee for departure setup.
Looks like some of the flying they are shedding though is pro-rate and EAS. The Q400 and 16 -900's are complete management screwups though.

Looks like some of the flying they are shedding though is pro-rate and EAS. The Q400 and 16 -900's are complete management screwups though.

16 900s....Vultures just came out

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back