piper arrow preflight questions

It's got a 530 and the Aspen Avionics PFD in it. I don't have any experience with that stuff, but can't imagine it's too hard to grasp.

It seems crazy to me though.... Flight director, HSI, and 2 bearing pointers with an autopilot. Not gonna help much for the lazy eights though.

It's got a 530 and the Aspen Avionics PFD in it. I don't have any experience with that stuff, but can't imagine it's too hard to grasp.

It seems crazy to me though.... Flight director, HSI, and 2 bearing pointers with an autopilot. Not gonna help much for the lazy eights though.

You are right, it is pretty easy to grasp and you won't have a problem.
cheers

For the money they spent on that they could have gotten a new airplane. It would be cool though and you'll be able to fake it and nobody will know

When should you switch fuel tanks?
I'm planning a long XC with a few 350-450nm legs.

POH recommends 1-2-1, to leave you with 30 mins in each tank. I personally change the tanks every 30 minutes after T/O.

I do 30 min left, then 1 hour on each tank, until I have to land. same as the 1-2-1 just scaled down, plus on a four hour cross country you need something to do.

I do 30 min left, then 1 hour on each tank, until I have to land. same as the 1-2-1 just scaled down, plus on a four hour cross country you need something to do.

When I was flying an Arrow a lot, that is the method I used. Seemed to work really well in keeping the airplane "balanced" more than the 1-2-1 method.

Back