Pipeline Patrol, TX,LA,MO, 500TT mins

Crockrocket94

1-02-2009Send to friendUNDERWOOD AERIAL PATROL Pipeline Patrol , Tel: Fax: Web site: www.underwoodairpatrol.com

Details
Pipeline patrol pilots need immediately in Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi area. Position can
expect to fly 20-30 hours per week. 26K to 50,000K per year. Must meet following minimum
requirements: 500 TT Commercial Instrument. To apply, email resume to:
info@underwoodairpatrol.com.

I sent them a resume about 4 months ago and never heard a thing. I will try to contact them tomorrow and find out if they are really hiring or if it is another case of job sites posting false leads.

anybody know of a pipeline outfit that doesn't use a c-172. I think I've had my fill, and tail wheel time would be great.

anybody know of a pipeline outfit that doesn't use a c-172. I think I've had my fill, and tail wheel time would be great.
Just private contractors.... never saw a single "company" in west tx that operated anything but 172's/82's.... did see a caravan though...

I went to their website and it doesn't say where in TX.. Any ideas??

Houston (west) area. I believe they fly more than just the 172 though it may be their dominate choice. No tail wheel though. The company is under new ownership as of April. The owner likes the idea of you not having a accident on record whether or not pilot you were at fault of the accident (makes no difference). I was hired until I turned in the insurance forms. PM if more info is needed.

did see a caravan though...

A 208 flying pipeline patrol, what on earth for?

Maybee if they had some speciallized scaning equipment, but that's a LOT of airplane for some electonic gear. L3 comunications out of Greenville TX has one they use as a test bed, but even that can be overkill.

A 208 flying pipeline patrol, what on earth for?

Maybee if they had some speciallized scaning equipment, but that's a LOT of airplane for some electonic gear. L3 comunications out of Greenville TX has one they use as a test bed, but even that can be overkill.

No special gear.... this particular company goes from LA to CA in two days and then back again... their schedule was four on three off... two pilots... I guess its a high yield run and they can afford to keep their employees happy and cool... especially when summer hits.

No special gear.... this particular company goes from LA to CA in two days and then back again... their schedule was four on three off... two pilots... I guess its a high yield run and they can afford to keep their employees happy and cool... especially when summer hits.
They could also afford to burn a boatload of JetA apparently.

What company is this? Are they piping gold in that there pipe?

I wouldn't get my hopes up. This company has a long history of yanking peoples chains. For example, a job opening was posted back in May. A buddy of mine with over 1000 hours of pipeline experience applied. He would check in once every week or two. They kept telling him they weren't hiring just yet, but would be very soon. Finally around August he gave up. Then when I was furloughed in Oct. I had seen a ad posted for them, and I applied, having over 1500 hours of pipeline experience. They gave me the same run around for the next month also. "We're not hiring yet. We are collecting applications, for a position that is opening up in the very near future."
As I see it, they have been collecting applications since at least May. Sooo...IMHO I wouldn't get your hopes up.

6 months ago, send in app, never heard from.
Maybe their try to scare their existing pilots by posting a seat on findapilot. That could have a positive impact on morale :laff:

I applied 6 months ago as well with no reply. However I tried to contact them had two phones numbers - one for an office in OK another one in TX. The Oklahoma phone number - was some old lady's house who had no clue why her number was on the website. The Texas phone number was only a cell phone. Although, I ended up getting the phone’s voice mail and stated the user was out of service.

Another pipeline company that I talked to in TX stated that they may be hiring due to the fact that they had a fatal accident a couple months prior to the posting 6 months ago. --

If anyone has any other comments either regarding this company or if the accident was true I would be interested to hear about them.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. This company has a long history of yanking peoples chains. For example, a job opening was posted back in May. A buddy of mine with over 1000 hours of pipeline experience applied. He would check in once every week or two. They kept telling him they weren't hiring just yet, but would be very soon. Finally around August he gave up. Then when I was furloughed in Oct. I had seen a ad posted for them, and I applied, having over 1500 hours of pipeline experience. They gave me the same run around for the next month also. "We're not hiring yet. We are collecting applications, for a position that is opening up in the very near future."
As I see it, they have been collecting applications since at least May. Sooo...IMHO I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I don't understand their pickings but it may have something to do with the pilot's location more than anything. You are far better qualified than I and I was pretty much hired with 760 TT. I had the pee test done, company e-mail name set up, the welcome aboard, and everything back in early November. I have little pipeline experience (no pipeline test completed). I was told the lines went from TX all the way to the north east. Yes, the dispatch office is in OK. and a woman (old...no)does run that part of it. They sure as hell yanked my chain for a good two weeks.

I didn't know about a 208 that's for sure! It was all 152's, 172's, and 182RG's.

Maybe their try to scare their existing pilots by posting a seat on findapilot.

Funny you joke about that. I was told that I was replacing a pilot that was going to be let go because he didn't complete the reports at the end of the day on time.

Hello everyone this thread is a few years old. Any new info on any pipeline patrol jobs or anyone who is currently working with a company ???

Back