Pinnacle's Next Step? Furlough...

SpiceWeasel

Tre Kronor
Let's see.... 30 CA displacements, VLOAs for CAs, now for FOs, reserve utilization not even close to guarantee*.... Pinnacle will feel the need to trim about 170 spots from the seniority list.

I guess I better get my line-service skills brushed up...

:( sigh

*-depends on the base

Yup. Just like last year. Mesaba always does LOA's when it's slow, pilot group loves them (go figure). I was more talking about the downgrades and possibly furloughs.

For both of us, I hope not. But I only think it will get darker before we see any light at all. Even then, it might be the headlight of the oncoming train!

If I can just get them to hold out for another couple months I can get my 1000tpic in. I'll hop over the 900 and get a little better schedule and get another type rating and go fly with the senior captains I can bitch and moan with :)

Looking at the bid packs we only lose around 700 hours between April and May, but I've heard that the loss from June and July is pretty huge. Something about 5000 hours across the company. All hearsay and conjecture at this point, but if..... ugh. :banghead:

Frame of reference - 35000 hours is our current approximate combined total between our DCI/Airlink 50 seaters and DCI 76 seaters, so I'm projecting an approximate 15% loss in marketing hours.

Looking at the bid packs we only lose around 700 hours between April and May, but I've heard that the loss from June and July is pretty huge. Something about 5000 hours across the company. All hearsay and conjecture at this point, but if..... ugh. :banghead:

Frame of reference - 35000 hours is our current approximate combined total between our DCI/Airlink 50 seaters and DCI 76 seaters, so I'm projecting an approximate 15% loss in marketing hours.
Who the hell is getting the hours?

:rollseyes:

They were gonna take them away anyway. They are trying to scare you on the contract.

Well I'm already convinced that no matter what happens, I'm barely making the cut, and either way, there's a lot of sitting to be had (see post on how much flying we get on reserve at my base). I will not be scared into signing a sub-standard contract. That being said, I have confidence in our MEC leadership that the contract we will be presented as a TA will be ratifiable the first time around. I will obviously scour the document for anything that makes it a no-go, but SE, ZC, and the boys are on top of things for us.

Well I'm already convinced that no matter what happens, I'm barely making the cut, and either way, there's a lot of sitting to be had (see post on how much flying we get on reserve at my base). I will not be scared into signing a sub-standard contract. That being said, I have confidence in our MEC leadership that the contract we will be presented as a TA will be ratifiable the first time around. I will obviously scour the document for anything that makes it a no-go, but SE, ZC, and the boys are on top of things for us.
U a commuter or you live in MEM?

You need a new source.

Neither.

I'm as skeptical as the next guy but (supposedly) this is from someone who should know. I'll just be happy if I make the cut and round out the bottom here.

There is a difference between "should" and "must". This are big issues that our previous contract had that proved to be problematic....:rolleyes: If you have questions call an MEC rep.

There is a difference between "should" and "must". This are big issues that our previous contract had that proved to be problematic....:rolleyes: If you have questions call an MEC rep.

Hmm. Well I got the info from a rep on one of the committees... though that persons source could be wrong.... but I don't exactly see how the MEC would know about furloughs or even block hours.... especially if they haven't communicated anything about it.

Back