Pilots Schedule

Alaska Airlines FO, about halfway up the list in Anchorage.

Yes, those are local times. . . I'm on the vampire schedule, but effectively have 22 days off next month!

Attachments

• Aug sched.jpg
    Aug sched.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 130
Just looked at the contract on out of domicile reserve since I go on reserve again tomorrow. Well, there's no limit. So who knows? I might wind up in DTW or MSP again. There's no open time in MEM, maybe 2 in MSP and 1 in DTW for all of next week.

I did, however, discover that they sent me home about 2 hours too late last time. I'm supposed to be home by the end of my original reserve period. They got me home 2 hours after that. They get by with that one once. Now I'm gonna be saying "Nope. You put me on that earlier flight."

Frac/135 Pilot.

May: 11 days, 41 hours, 1 night in a hotel.
June: 6 days, 14 hours. 2 nights in a hotel.
July: By the end of the month, I'll have worked 15 days, 55ish hours, 5 nights in hotel.

We get every other weekend off, plus a week of "soft days" each month.

97 hours???? This 55 hour month is killing me.

I'm still looking for a job flying about 200 hours a year.

I typically fly 85-90 hours a month and 3 days a week. July is wed-fri but August is tues-thurs. Comes out to 17-18 days off for a given month. Typical trip is 5 legs day 1, 4 legs day 2, 5 legs day 3. I am a regional FO who is somewhat "senior";) and waiting on a vacancy to upgrade and enjoy the world of 10 days off on rsv...:banghead:

I am a regional FO who is somewhat "senior";) and waiting on a vacancy to upgrade and enjoy the world of 10 days off on rsv...:banghead:

Twice a month, I realize I don't miss those extra 7 days off so much. :)

I thought your woman wanted to move to ATL anyway? Seems like the latest vacancy would be perfect for that.

As you progress, some companies have different scheduling systems than the domestic type of schedules.

At our company, when a line runs past the end of one month into the beginning of the next, you have a 60 day line. Mine looks like this:

AUG1 - DH
AUG2- Layover
AUG3- FLY 2 legs for 7+05
AUG4- FLY 2 legs for 3+50
AUG5- FLY 2 legs for 7+05
AUG6 - DH Home
AUG7 - OFF
AUG8- OFF
AUG9- OFF
AUG10- OFF
AUG11- OFF
AUG12- OFF
AUG13- OFF
AUG14- OFF
AUG15- OFF
AUG16- OFF
AUG17- OFF
AUG18- OFF
AUG19- OFF
AUG20- OFF
AUG21- OFF
AUG22- DH
AUG23- LOV
AUG24- FLY 2 LEGS 7+05
AUG25- FLY2 LEGS 3+50
AUG26- LOV
AUG27- FLY 2 LEGS 3+50
AUG28- LOV
AUG29- FLY 2 LEGS 3+50
AUG30- LOV
AUG31- FLY 2 LEGS 7+05
SEP1- FLY 2 LEGS 3+50
SEP2- DH HOME
SEP3- OFF
SEP4- OFF
SEP5- OFF
SEP6- OFF
SEP7- OFF
SEP8- OFF
SEP9- OFF
SEP10- OFF
SEP11-OFF (Off probation :rawk:)
SEP12- DH
SEP13- LOV
SEP14- FLY 2 LEGS 7+05
SEP15- LOV
SEP16- FLY 2 LEGS 7+05
SEP17- LOV
SEP18- FLY 2 LEGS 3+50
SEP19- LOV
SEP20- FLY 2 LEGS 3+50
SEP21- DH HOME
SEP22-OFF
SEP23-OFF
SEP24- OFF
SEP25-OFF
SEP26-OFF
SEP27-OFF
SEP28-OFF
SEP29-OFF
SEP30-OFF

Twice a month, I realize I don't miss those extra 7 days off so much. :)

I thought your woman wanted to move to ATL anyway? Seems like the latest vacancy would be perfect for that.

Yea yea.. the money would be nice...

As far as ATL here in lies the issue. 1. The CA's are coming from the NWA system according to a "Very good" source. Basically there are more than enough folks (that are already -200 CA's) with a standing bid for ATL CA. They will get the 14 spots, with no backfill in the NWA system because currently our staffing is "fat" aka "correct for once". 2. I won't go over there as an FO. Sure a couple more bucks an hour but the QOL and less flying are enough to deter the wife and I. I still plan on the MEM CA spot and eventually work over to ATL CA (hopefully around the spring).

Re: Lazy Month

Folks, be careful with posting your hotel data on the internet.

Baddies are still out there and would be more than happy to stake it out for your ID and uniform pieces.

Anyone smart wouldn't waste time with that, they'd just buy a uniform and print their own ID. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often, more likely they just don't get caught because the TSA is completely incompetent.

In Aug I fly 4 day trips, tues morning to friday afternoon every week. 14 days off for the month.

Yea yea.. the money would be nice...

As far as ATL here in lies the issue. 1. The CA's are coming from the NWA system according to a "Very good" source. Basically there are more than enough folks (that are already -200 CA's) with a standing bid for ATL CA. They will get the 14 spots, with no backfill in the NWA system because currently our staffing is "fat" aka "correct for once". 2. I won't go over there as an FO. Sure a couple more bucks an hour but the QOL and less flying are enough to deter the wife and I. I still plan on the MEM CA spot and eventually work over to ATL CA (hopefully around the spring).

Yeah, I wouldn't go as an FO either. My sim partner did the -200 FO to -900 CA thing, and he said it was a bitch. Upgrade's tough enough, then you've got to handle a relatively new airplane AND seeing ATL for the first time as a CA. So, if we're "fat" and not gonna back fill, I guess that means they probably won't fill the secondaries left in MEM for the guys that go from here to ATL. Good news for me, but bad news for you, I guess.

ORD's WAAAAY scarier than ATL! At least in my opinion. Trippy.

ORD's WAAAAY scarier than ATL! At least in my opinion. Trippy.

:yeahthat: until you get used to it.

I passed up a CRJ upgrade last year because I didn't want to deal with Chicago for the first time, during winter as new captain with no real winter flying experience. I figured I'd be able to upgrade in January or Feb. of this year....oops!

ATL is EAAASSSYYY. Had it down after a couple observation flights. You don't ever need to write down taxi instructions.

My schedule is a little different. Sometime I fly on-demand charter and sometimes I may fly a scheduled run.

Last weeks schedule went

Monday through Wednesday: 1100 to 2000 reserve in DFW waiting on a charter.
Thursday: 1100 to 2000 waiting on a charter with a reposition flight to CVG from 2100 to 0200 Friday morning.
Friday: 1300 show reserve waiting on a charter with a 1545 flight that went CVG ALB YIP CYHM. I was done at 2030
Saturday: 0800 show and 0930 departure from CYHM to KBED.
Today: I'm on my way up to CYOW in another two hours or so.

Next week I'll be flying from CYOW-KBED-CYOW. I show @ 0500 and will be done by 1100. Those will be really easy days. I'll have Wednesday off and spend Saturday in BED.

My schedule is three weeks on and one week off.
Thats a life of a freight dawg doing charters.:panic:

I get 11 days off on reserve a month. 2nd from the bottom in base and i work every holiday, weekend, and then comute on my days off to go to work.:banghead:

I bid reserve by choice. It's a 15 on/13 off schedule. I average 3 to 4 days of actual work during the 15 on. If I bid a regular line, I'd have 3 more days a month off, but I'd be working all 12 days. Guess I'm lazy...

Back