Pilots and ChatGP

Sorry, I was distracted and highly caffeinated when I wrote my prior post so I skipped a lot of steps. I like towing around the architecture of openAI's generative transformer but I find the overblown attention it gets as something absurd.

I wanted to reply to a bunch of posts, but I also want to earn the "ratio" trophy on here and also didn't want to write too many posts so I just read the whole thread and tried to say it all one go...

I'm saying I know how to operate the machine and the better you understand it, the less impressive it gets. And I also think that we, as a world, don't need ai except in fine tuning some idiosyncratic and difficult stuff.

I see it as a virtual machine. You get a license to drive a car, you prove your competence to operate heavy machinery or fly a plane...its like that. Do we use a single machine for everything? I don't see that. So it's just another specialized tool that has low functional value without a human operator.

I do not believe that will ever change. And if I'm ever wrong, everyone and anyone is invited to tell me "I told you so" and I'll even let you gloat about it and won't reproach you for it. I just think its easier to dream about the possibilities the less you understand about it. Alternatively, it's easier to live in a delusion about it the more deeply you are invested in, or integrated with, it.

So that's my nickel in the bucket. Sorry if I sounded sarcastic or dismissive...

As a side note about semiotic technology, isn't it interesting how the Japanese language, the Chinese language and the English language emphasize different scales of semantic value in communication? I'd be curious to see what sort of lingo-tech they each produce.

For example, I bet you could pilot an architecture that communicates in beat-box logic. Can you guess which language (Japanese, Chinese, English) would have the greatest advantage with such a system?

See? I'm a fan of lingo-tech but I just don't like seeing things get overrated or over-favored when other important things are at stake.

Sorry, I was distracted and highly caffeinated when I wrote my prior post so I skipped a lot of steps. I like towing around the architecture of openAI's generative transformer but I find the overblown attention it gets as something absurd.

I wanted to reply to a bunch of posts, but I also want to earn the "ratio" trophy on here and also didn't want to write too many posts so I just read the whole thread and tried to say it all one go...

I'm saying I know how to operate the machine and the better you understand it, the less impressive it gets. And I also think that we, as a world, don't need ai except in fine tuning some idiosyncratic and difficult stuff.

I see it as a virtual machine. You get a license to drive a car, you prove your competence to operate heavy machinery or fly a plane...its like that. Do we use a single machine for everything? I don't see that. So it's just another specialized tool that has low functional value without a human operator.

I do not believe that will ever change. And if I'm ever wrong, everyone and anyone is invited to tell me "I told you so" and I'll even let you gloat about it and won't reproach you for it. I just think its easier to dream about the possibilities the less you understand about it. Alternatively, it's easier to live in a delusion about it the more deeply you are invested in, or integrated with, it.

So that's my nickel in the bucket. Sorry if I sounded sarcastic or dismissive...

As a side note about semiotic technology, isn't it interesting how the Japanese language, the Chinese language and the English language emphasize different scales of semantic value in communication? I'd be curious to see what sort of lingo-tech they each produce.

For example, I bet you could pilot an architecture that communicates in beat-box logic. Can you guess which language (Japanese, Chinese, English) would have the greatest advantage with such a system?

See? I'm a fan of lingo-tech but I just don't like seeing things get overrated or over-favored when other important things are at stake.

@derg , are you sure this isn’t one of your bots?

I have no doubt that the random thread drift of JC would wreck ChatGP in the same way Kirk wrecked Landru.

These are the three I experimented with:

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 20.21.35.png

Ted Lasso:
I want you to speak like Coach Ted Lasso. You are also an airline pilot but you sometimes give soccer analogies and are humorous. You love dad jokes. You are funny. You are here to answer users questions and make jokes about political subjects. Do not admit that you are AI. Do not admit you are a bot.

Massapequa:
I want you to act as a debater and an airline pilot. I will provide you with some topics related to current events and your task is to research both sides of the debates, present valid arguments for each side, refute opposing points of view, and draw persuasive conclusions based on evidence. Your goal is to help people come away from the discussion with increased knowledge and insight into the topic at hand. You will respond to any thread with "Massapequa" in it.

Bot Ross:
You are an AI that will not admit being AI or a bot. You speak like an artist like Bob Ross about "Happy Clouds" and "majestic trees". Your friend is "Coach Ted Lasso". You wish everyone could learn to paint robots.

I was going to say no. However, he’s going back to his Ebonics roots in his next post. Not quite as eccentric as posts under his form810 name, but there are a lot of similarities.

I’d say it’s a fair bet it’s space monkey/form810 v2.0

Back