Pilot VS. Relationships

No sense in arguing, everybody has different views on the subject. Nobody sitting on a forum is going to change ones views.:)

That's some horrible advice. That's one way to ruin your life right there. He should be saving himself for marriage, not screwing anything that moves.

Having held each of these opinions at one point in my life I'm firmly on the latter portion as I've gone through some crap in the past couple years.

For advise for the 16 year old OP, we all can probably all agree that if he finds himself with a little lady and is "cleared for the option," then a "touch and go" is performed... Be smart about it. I have a good friend whose son was born when he was 17 and his plans for the future definitely changed. A birth of a child is a wonderful thing, just make sure you are ready and plan for it.

How old are you, 16? You should be working on trying desperatly to get laid.

Hilarious and 100% true. You need to ring the endorphin bells as much as you can before your testosterone tapers off and the reality of life, bills, and taxes set it.

My fiancee and I are in it for better or worse. If you wouldn't be together just because of being a pilot, then maybe the marrige should have never happened in the first place. Once you put in your time and get a little seniority you could have 3 days away from home and 4 days at home, not working at all. Those days would be purely for taking care of the wife and family. A woman's going to be your wife, because she want's to take up the slack while your gone; mainly because you will take the slack for her just as much when its your turn. While your gone, she rules the house, and what she says goes. When you get married your going to want that trust and understanding. (no undermining any decisions made while you were gone) Give and take, for ever and ever.

Back