Pilot training part 141

jettison IT

I'm pretty sure this question has been posted but does anybody know......
Does a flight school have to be Part 141 to train international students or can we train them part 61 if we get them approved by TSA. I just got my internet going again because of the hurricane and haven't been able to do research. Any info will be appreciated.

You can train international students as a free lance instructor if you want. Now some foreign brokers will only work with Part 141 schools though.

Also in order to issue the I-20's for the visa you will need to be at least a 141 school I do believe. There are other international students that come over on different visas that don't require to sign up with a 141 school.

You can train international students as a free lance instructor if you want. Now some foreign brokers will only work with Part 141 schools though.

Also in order to issue the I-20's for the visa you will need to be at least a 141 school I do believe. There are other international students that come over on different visas that don't require to sign up with a 141 school.

That's correct on the I-20s; we're working on that presently for the FBO at which I work.

That said, we get a lot a of European business already and much of that is done Part 61--the only license you can transfer over is the PPL, but many of the pilots already have the hours and experience necessary for the other certificates and it's simply a matter of getting them prepped for a checkride.

But if you're looking to bring in, for example, zero-to-hero Chinese and Indian pilots, you're going to need 141 programs and I-20 authorization.

Back