Pilot arrested with gun in his bag (aka why KCM will be going away)

Haha, a number of years ago when that was new, I was down/up in PDX for a weekend, hanging with my boy from childhood/college/forever since, and he's doing all this weird • with his phone as we are walking to dinner. I'm like "dude WTF are you doing?".....he's like "Pokemon bro"

I was like, "dude, we had a garage band and were teenagers when that dumb children's • first came out (Pokemon that is), you are a dork" and then he kept trying to walk into the road
The park across from our training hotel is the local hotspot for Pokémon Go. During weekend special events at least half the people over there are playing. It’s pretty hilarious.

I also tend to get out and walk. Not so much out of a desire for fitness as from crushing boredom. I've never felt 1/4 as threatened *anywhere* in Europe as I did when I made the mistake of walking a few blocks north of the hovel right here in River City. With the possible exception of the time I walked through "bum tunnel" in CGN alone at like 2am, but I'd been specifically warned not to do that, and did it anyway. And of course I don't go super-far from the hotel in like Delhi or Bangkok.

But *Britain*? I walked for eight HOURS all over Nottingham (and not just the tourist areas), which is famously not exactly the nicest post-code in Blighty, and I felt as safe as joey in mom's pouch. OK, wrong continent of weird-talking English-speakers for the analogy, but you get the idea.

There is something extremely weird about the modern Murican tendency to see an imminent deadly threat behind every telephone pole, as we've discussed in other threads.
I’ve been murdered at least 6 times walking around in Renton after dark. I got better.

The park across from our training hotel is the local hotspot for Pokémon Go. During weekend special events at least half the people over there are playing. It’s pretty hilarious.

Haha, as much as people like to disparage the lake, I love that park. You can have the best family cookout ever there. There are teenagers smoking pot in the woods along the trail back to the hotel, and I have caught them fully in the act (the other act). There are little kids running around jumping off that dock. There are grandparents getting themselves some ribs. Dads drinking beers making the ribs, moms chasing kids and yelling (dads too). That park is more America than just about anywhere in King county.

Where were you nerds last night, I had a good buzz going and checked in to the zoom chat but no one was on 🙁

Putting my dum dums to bed early. Then I fired up the company townhall replay cause I was too stupid to figure out how to live stream it on Fri.....and immediately fell asleep at like very early o'clock. Woke up at 3 am with some weird AAG • playing, my laptop upside down on the floor, and my shirt hiked up around my neck. I have no idea what happened during those 6-7 hrs, but it wasn't the Saturday chat

I also tend to get out and walk. Not so much out of a desire for fitness as from crushing boredom. I've never felt 1/4 as threatened *anywhere* in Europe as I did when I made the mistake of walking a few blocks north of the hovel right here in River City. With the possible exception of the time I walked through "bum tunnel" in CGN alone at like 2am, but I'd been specifically warned not to do that, and did it anyway. And of course I don't go super-far from the hotel in like Delhi or Bangkok.

There is something extremely weird about the modern Murican tendency to see an imminent deadly threat behind every telephone pole, as we've discussed in other threads.
I used to do a lot of walking on layovers. Some pretty sketch places. I'm probably lucky to be alive. The worst was downtown SDF to the airport. It's a hike and I can't remember why I did it but decided to take Uber back. Some bad areas around the university I shouldn't have been in. That was probably 10 years ago. After the riots, I don't think I'd be walking around downtown much. Towards the end of my career they had us across the river in Indiana. Did a lot of walking along the river. Love the Big 4 bridge but didn't stray far into downtown much.

Back