PHX doctor arrested for pointing rifle at KPHX terminal

By you calling the main-stream media "left-leaning," you demonstrate that you're completely biased against reality. If you want to call Mother Jones or MSNBC left-leaning, then no one is going to argue, but if you want to paint the main-stream press as biased, you're just going to look like another right-wing loon who thinks that Faux is an honest source of information.
I don't watch Fox.

I'm not right wing.

And nothing I said should be misleading, as I was specifically referring to...the left-wing msm sources. That sentence doesn't imply that all msm sources are leftist.

Yes, conservatives tend to do that when confronted with reality.
What's your deal? I've been nothing but polite to people in this thread and you're singling me out for some reason.

You don't know jack diddly about me, but you're fitting into the stereotypes of certain things I'd like to call you right now based on your remarks. I have no interest in pursuing this debate with you, hence my hint to you that I'm fine with you having your opinion and me having mine. Your infusion of a debate about what constitutes left-wing mainstream media is truly, genuinely, of no interest to me.

Last edited:
I just took a lawnmower blade into Lowes and thank goodness no one thought it was a Hutu with a machete.
0.jpg

What's your deal? I've been nothing but polite to people in this thread and you're singling me out for some reason.

Singling you out? I'm not seeing anyone else make outrageous claims of media bias, so yes, I'm directing my comments to the one person who is doing so.

Your infusion of a debate about what constitutes left-wing mainstream media is truly, genuinely, of no interest to me.

Of course not, because reality doesn't fit your narrative.

It is of mild interest to me. What media do you consider to be mainstream, and what leans left or right, in your opinion?

I'm used to The Guardian on the left, The Telegraph to the right and The Times flopping back and forth. I've never enjoyed the sensationalist US media enough to pay any attention. How would you categorize the US media? What is your go to for biased or unbiased information?

It is of mild interest to me. What media do you consider to be mainstream, and what leans left or right, in your opinion?

I'm used to The Guardian on the left, The Telegraph to the right and The Times flopping back and forth. I've never enjoyed the sensationalist US media enough to pay any attention. How would you categorize the US media? What is your go to for biased or unbiased information?

Unfortunately anyone that reports facts will necessarily lean "left" because the "right" only cares about the message and propaganda. Anyone who cares about objective truth is necessarily liberal, it seems. Telling someone "that's flat untrue" no longer has the power it once had. The person still gets to spout his "opinion" so the news can say they are "balanced." Facts don't need to be balanced.

It doesn't matter if Saddam had NOTHING to do with 9/11, for instance. The Faux news will continue to say it, or at least hint at it, because it fits their narrative.

Here's an interesting article about opinions vs facts that my wife sent to me the other day. We are in an interesting time when anyone with a keyboard can spout off, with no regard for fact or fiction. It's a problem.

http://theconversation.com/no-youre-not-entitled-to-your-opinion-9978

EDIT ---

I'm not saying that some media outlets don't do the exact same thing as Faux news. But I do think many outlets get called "left leaning" because they do not spout the "right" talking points.

Facts and truth aren't left or right. They just are.

Last edited:
Singling you out? I'm not seeing anyone else make outrageous claims of media bias, so yes, I'm directing my comments to the one person who is doing so.
Outrageous? That's pretty dramatic of you.

That's a nice opinion. I'll say it one last time: you have no idea about my perception of reality. You don't even know what my 'narrative' is. You don't know anything about me. The fact that you keep insisting that you have some idea about my political spectrum and beliefs based on a short sentence on an anonymous message board says a lot about you and your narrative. You are quite a presumptuous person. And with that, I'm done with this thread and with you.

That was a great article, Philosopher Pilot. As I repeatedly find myself saying (paraphrased from a Daniel Patrick Moynihan quote): "Sure you're entitled to your own opinion. You're just not entitled to your own set of facts defending it."

I get so darned tired listening to someone spout obviously false information defending their point of view when they could discover the veracity of their "Facts" with just a modicum of critical thinking or, Heaven forbid, a little research.

Buy, jeeze, did we get off topic. Isn't this discussion supposed to be about the idiot carrying an AR into Sky Harbor?

Unfortunately anyone that reports facts will necessarily lean "left" because the "right" only cares about the message and propaganda. Anyone who cares about objective truth is necessarily liberal, it seems. Telling someone "that's flat untrue" no longer has the power it once had. The person still gets to spout his "opinion" so the news can say they are "balanced." Facts don't need to be balanced.

It doesn't matter if Saddam had NOTHING to do with 9/11, for instance. The Faux news will continue to say it, or at least hint at it, because it fits their narrative.

Here's an interesting article about opinions vs facts that my wife sent to me the other day. We are in an interesting time when anyone with a keyboard can spout off, with no regard for fact or fiction. It's a problem.

EDIT ---

I'm not saying that some media outlets don't do the exact same thing as Faux news. But I do think many outlets get called "left leaning" because they do not spout the "right" talking points.

That article and "thought" applies to this gentlemen carrying a rifle into the airport as well. IF, a big IF, all he did was open carry the rifle, what he did was safe and legal. Your opinion on it being a good idea or not, is just that, an opinion.

Note: I'm not advocating for or against what he did, just an observation.

That article and "thought" applies to this gentlemen carrying a rifle into the airport as well. IF, a big IF, all he did was open carry the rifle, what he did was safe and legal. Your opinion on it being a good idea or not, is just that, an opinion.

Note: I'm not advocating for or against what he did, just an observation.

Agreed. It may have been legal. But it probably doesn't help the gun rights cause.

I agree it's an opinion about whether it was a good idea, though I do think there is a fact of the matter in regards to whether actions like his make the case for open carry more difficult.

EDIT ---

But what media carries objective truth? I recall the Piers Morgan gun control show on CNN. That was left-leaning, but the 'facts' spouted certainly weren't objective. It was all message and propaganda, based on their narrative, and just as bad as Faux News. What media actually reports facts in this country?

Back