PHL

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
I’ll be moving outside PHL middle of next month. Supposedly airspace will follow suit a couple weeks later. The Tracon is at the base of the PHL tower so I’ll actually be at the airport if any of y’all fly through, although the tower is on the opposite side of the airport than the terminal. I’m excited to be getting off Long Island, under contract with my new house about an hour west of the airport. Can’t wait to be living in the middle of nowhere again! Sucks the FAA has completely •ed this airspace move up though, good luck to yall flying into EWR/TEB for the next 5 years.

We used to drive by there all the time on the way to the UPS ramp. Would have loved to get a tour of the TRACON.

I’ll be moving outside PHL middle of next month. Supposedly airspace will follow suit a couple weeks later. The Tracon is at the base of the PHL tower so I’ll actually be at the airport if any of y’all fly through, although the tower is on the opposite side of the airport than the terminal. I’m excited to be getting off Long Island, under contract with my new house about an hour west of the airport. Can’t wait to be living in the middle of nowhere again! Sucks the FAA has completely •ed this airspace move up though, good luck to yall flying into EWR/TEB for the next 5 years.
Well done! Congrats, Sir!

Still, when I read, "I’ll be moving outside PHL middle of next month," I took that to mean you were currently IN the PHL hood and were imminently planning to move somewhere else. As I read the rest of the thread and gained context, the story cohered into the reality that you are now moving TO PHL. Weird that by moving, you might end up living "closer" to your old place of work.

I’ll be moving … Supposedly airspace will follow suit a couple weeks later.
Oh buddy, that’s putting a lot of faith in someone declaring something will happen on a specific schedule in the context of one of the world’s strictest bureaucracies.

Good luck!

Since they moved EWR area to PHL TRACON and it’s an up-down, do you eventually get to certify in the tower and see sunlight occasionally? Or do they separate the areas?

Since they moved EWR area to PHL TRACON and it’s an up-down, do you eventually get to certify in the tower and see sunlight occasionally? Or do they separate the areas?

Seperate areas. Currently PHL has Area A and Area B. I forget which is which but one works all the radar positions and one works the tower and a couple radar positions. EWR will be Area C and only work the same airspace we work now.

Welcome to Philly! We love it here.

What part are you in? Maybe we’ll have to ride some time! I need to learn where the good roads are. We will be in an Airbnb in Newark, De til end of August waiting for our house to close and get some work done on our new house which is in Cochranville, about an hour west of PHL down 101.

What part are you in? Maybe we’ll have to ride some time! I need to learn where the good roads are. We will be in an Airbnb in Newark, De til end of August waiting for our house to close and get some work done on our new house which is in Cochranville, about an hour west of PHL down 101.
Ah, how I don’t miss Newark.

We’re in Abington (eastern Montgomery county) and I work in New Castle, DE at the airport. Cochranville is a lovely area.

Back