phentermine

jynxyjoe

Queso King
One of my flight attendants called me wanting to know if Phentermine (had to find spelling online =) )was acceptable while she's working. As I understand its a appetite suppressant but just reading a little online it looks like its also a stimulant. Is this stuff safe for our line of work, pilots/flight attendants/ATC?

Found something from '07 in the search (should have done this first actually)

"It is NOT ALLOWED. It is an amphetamine-family drug.

As far as the weight - welcome to the club I do not exercise (it is a long 4 letter word to me) but I do watch calories. The best aid I have found is Calorie King. It is a downloadable program from the web and really helps in tracking calories, exercise, weight. The thing I like about it is the updated food items,i.e., go to Arby's and look for a roast beef sandwich - it has all the nutritional data for the item. Really make you aware of what you are eating.
www.myflightsurgeon.com"

I imagine this is still true. Please let me know and thanks again

It is NOT allowed for pilots. I do not think there are FAA rules for FA's (maybe MQAAord could shed some light here) but there may be company rules.

It is NOT allowed for pilots. I do not think there are FAA rules for FA's (maybe MQAAord could shed some light here) but there may be company rules.

Ah, she'll be glad to hear that :). Thank you.

Its an amphetamine so it would show up on a random drug test right?

Back