phentermine

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
One of my flight attendants called me wanting to know if Phentermine (had to find spelling online =) )was acceptable while she's working. As I understand its a appetite suppressant but just reading a little online it looks like its also a stimulant. Is this stuff safe for our line of work, pilots/flight attendants/ATC?

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Found something from '07 in the search (should have done this first actually)

"It is NOT ALLOWED. It is an amphetamine-family drug.

As far as the weight - welcome to the club I do not exercise (it is a long 4 letter word to me) but I do watch calories. The best aid I have found is Calorie King. It is a downloadable program from the web and really helps in tracking calories, exercise, weight. The thing I like about it is the updated food items,i.e., go to Arby's and look for a roast beef sandwich - it has all the nutritional data for the item. Really make you aware of what you are eating.
www.myflightsurgeon.com"

I imagine this is still true. Please let me know and thanks again

My Flight Surgeon

Sr. Aviation Medical Examiner
It is NOT allowed for pilots. I do not think there are FAA rules for FA's (maybe MQAAord could shed some light here) but there may be company rules.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
It is NOT allowed for pilots. I do not think there are FAA rules for FA's (maybe MQAAord could shed some light here) but there may be company rules.
Ah, she'll be glad to hear that :). Thank you.

Its an amphetamine so it would show up on a random drug test right?