People still willing to work for free...

CRJDriver

I was browsing through some pilot profiles on Find-A-Pilot and came across this...

COMMERCIAL,INSTRUMENT,CFI. I WILL FLY FOR FREE (to prove myself) ! That is no joke. I am willing to move anywhere for the job. I am a hard worker and will be very loyal to the person that will help me get my foot in the door.

This is the exact quote. I can't believe there are still people out there willing to work for free just to get ahead. This guy is apparently a Helo pilot, but that still doesn't change the fact. He probably spend twice as much on his flight training than most people on here, but is still willing to fly for free. It's great he is a hard and loyal worker, but common'...

:banghead:

There will always be people willing to work for free. Some of them are to flying as the average teenager is to adult life (no offense, doesn't mean I'm saying all teenagers are naive).

If he was the only one it would not matter. Problem is there are thousands more just like him and once they drop by the wayside they will be replaced by yet another throng that will pay 100K+ to work for free.

This has been going on for decades. It will not stop....until we wake up and tear a page out of the AMA (American Medical Association) playbook.

NOTHING else will ever work. I have been watching this play out since 1976.

I was browsing through some pilot profiles on Find-A-Pilot and came across this...

COMMERCIAL,INSTRUMENT,CFI. I WILL FLY FOR FREE (to prove myself) ! That is no joke. I am willing to move anywhere for the job. I am a hard worker and will be very loyal to the person that will help me get my foot in the door.

This is the exact quote. I can't believe there are still people out there willing to work for free just to get ahead. This guy is apparently a Helo pilot, but that still doesn't change the fact. He probably spend twice as much on his flight training than most people on here, but is still willing to fly for free. It's great he is a hard and loyal worker, but common'...

What an idiot. They just spent tons of money getting their licenses and will fly for free. What a dummy. And they have CFI!? WTF go find a CFI job that pays. Someone should knock some sense into these morons.
smiley-violent002.gif

To be fair, if he's a helo pilot, times are pretty tough for them. Though to actually have a commercial helo license as a civ is near impossible because the costs are astronomical. He must already come from money.

To be fair, if he's a helo pilot, times are pretty tough for them.

Why would it be OK for a Helo pilot and not an airplane pilot?

Times are pretty tough for pilots too.

Alaska just got a pay raise. In the worst economic times in decades.

The money and quality of life is out there.

Because they're bottom-feeders of the aviation industry. This comes as no surprise.

:sarcasm:

Actually it's mostly because they're hacks who can't handle a real airplane.

I mean come on son, not everybody gets to fly an F-117. Some people have to settle for UH-60's.

Actually it's mostly because they're hacks who can't handle a real airplane.

I mean come on son, not everybody gets to fly an F-117. Some people have to settle for UH-60's.

Now THAT was a nice one-two punch, John! Well done! :D

This would be like a vascular surgeon willing to work for free after spending years and a plethora of hours in training and residence.

"Vascular surgeon, Duke Grad. Will conduct open heart surgery for free. Maybe even throw in a stint and triple bipass if needed. (TO PROBE MYSELF!) That is no shizzle. I am willing to move anywhere for the job. I am a hard worker with exceptional surgical technique and dedicated to my profession. I graduated from Duke and did my residence with the top surgical team in the country."

What kind of friggin sense would that make?! :crazy:

All the money, hard work and dedication put into his aviation training and has no concept of self worth as a professional. Way to bring down the aviation industry, sport! Pilots will not be compensated appropriately as long as there's guys like him willing to work for nothing. Drives me up the wall. We're professionals who deserve a professional wage. Had a buddy say he would fly jets for $12/hr. Almost smacked him upside his SJS head. Come on, pal!

People will 'work for free' right up until the point where they have a 0330 show time, the plane is full of MEL's and there's moderate ice reported at cruise altitude for the duration of the trip.

People will 'work for free' right up until the point where they have a 0330 show time, the plane is full of MEL's and there's moderate ice reported at cruise altitude for the duration of the trip.

Yeah, but even then it ends up to be PFJ! Ultimate price, huh?

Back