People Arriving.....

I'm getting in sometime between 7pm and 9pm tonight (Saturday). If anybody else is in around and wants a ride up to the hotel, drop me a text message as I'll have a car.

Darnit, I knew I was going to get the pairing I've been given, three weeks ago when I saw it in open time. I won't be able to show up at Nine Fine Irishmen; I'll be arriving in LAS Monday morning around 11AM.

I'm in Dallas for one more night then headed out sometime tomorrow morning.

What's the best way to get to the hotel? Cab?

The fastest way is cab, assuming there's no monster line.

There usually is, though. It'll run you upwards of $20-$30 from McCarran all the way to the north end of the strip. If you can split it up with a few people, possibly the fastest way still.

The cheapest is a shuttle service, there are many. You can buy tickets curbside for roundtrip. I did this once. Check out this thread.

Note: To date, the cheapest way I've found yet.. and Vegas knows me well.

http://forums.jetcareers.com/networkjc-las-vegas-2008/74569-airport-shuttle-service-las-strip.html

NWA711 from MSP tonight......If anyone is doing the same....

I'm getting a car :)

JEP - see you tomorrow - I'll text you when I arrive, around 1pm

Unbelieveable....This is crazy that we have to go all the way to Vegas to meet. I can't afford these trips for that. Maybe we should try meeting at KFCM :D

Unbelieveable....This is crazy that we have to go all the way to Vegas to meet. I can't afford these trips for that. Maybe we should try meeting at KFCM :D

Well......I've tried!
I need to get IFR current - when we get back, you're going to be my safety pilot - and that's that! No arguing! :)

R2F will be arriving at 1530 from DFW and I'll be arriving at 1530 from IAH.

Bob

PS: Passed my PC this morning! Looking to celebrate! ;)

Did you guys check the loads on those flights out of DFW?
I just checked and they looked stacked all day.
I'm going to try out of Love on Southwest.

There usually is, though. It'll run you upwards of $20-$30 from McCarran all the way to the north end of the strip.

If it's going to cost $20-30 for a cab, then I think it'd be cheaper to rent a car!

It looks like you can get a car for $55. The only thing that would concern me is a DUI. If you go out, and have to take a cab back because you're too wasted to drive, then what was the point?

20-30 for a cab from the airport! most places on the strip you can walk to and stumble back from. Or ride the monorail (just don't fall asleep on it)

A cab isn't bad if you're splitting it with someone. But I landed at 645pm and its now 809pm. I hit the ATM, got shuttle tickets, checked into the hotel, changed and am on the monorail to Mandalay. It would have been shorter but we hit a lot of traffic on the 15.

If it's going to cost $20-30 for a cab, then I think it'd be cheaper to rent a car!

It looks like you can get a car for $55. The only thing that would concern me is a DUI. If you go out, and have to take a cab back because you're too wasted to drive, then what was the point?

I rent a car, when going to/from the hotel, I use the monorail, after hours, I use the cab......

I got a car from Hertz for about $24 per day & Triple United Airline Mileage points:rawk:

Back