PDT updates?

CATIV

Just wondering if you guys have heard anything regarding hiring, new ac's, just news in general.

thanks a lot

ps lates news i have is that email we got from BT week or so back

Not hiring. No new Aircraft in the near future. Supposably going to take over Colgan's flying out of LGA but haven't heard anything official.
New hire classes will resume in Sept, as far as I know.

Who knows. When asked, Steve F can't even come up with a straight answer. I'll tell ya though, I would consider staying in Vegas if PHX ever happened. It definatly would mean more airplanes too.
Last week they were testing some of the routes to see the burn and weight restrictions. PHX-PSP , PHX-TEX ,PHX-TUS just a few that i remember.

Does Piedmont have just -200 an-300 or are there some -100's still around? Mesa operates -200s out of PHX for US. They're mostly short hops like PHX-PSP, PHX-FLG, and PHX-GJT. The longest is to Hermosillo Mexico. They also send the Dash into Carlsbad, CA which is northwest San Diego County on the coast.

Does Piedmont have just -200 an-300 or are there some -100's still around? Mesa operates -200s out of PHX for US. They're mostly short hops like PHX-PSP, PHX-FLG, and PHX-GJT. The longest is to Hermosillo Mexico. They also send the Dash into Carlsbad, CA which is northwest San Diego County on the coast.

The PHX to Carlsbad route was supposed to end soon, if it hasn't already.

We only have -100s and -300s. The company either had or has an interest in Horizon's Q200s. The magic number and rumor was "33" Q200s. Maybe they're looking to put them out in the "new PHX base". :D ...I hope!

Mesa PHX base on the Dash sucks. Its hot and you spend all your days flying to and from Yuma and Flagstaff with the rare trip to Mexico or Telluride or something.

I don't understand why PDT flies the 100 and 300. We had 100s for a while and I flew one once or twice as it was a spare for a while and theyre so weigh restricted. 100 has an underpowered engine but same passenger seats as a 200. 200 has a good engine and same passenger seats as a 100. 300 has the same engine as a 200 and more passenger seats. 400 has sweet engines and more passenger seats than the 300. Its easy to see that the 200 and 400 are the sweet spots in the Dash-family.

100 and 300s would be OK if you were somewhere really cold or always at sea level, I guess.

Havent been working here all that long. But havent had any weight problems or restrictions with the 300 yet.

PDT says we are still in talks on Horizons 200s, but there is no new news on that yet. As far as the trips out of LGA go, I thought that was already official no? My friend in Colgan, a new Capt. who just got based in LGA said they are reducing their LGA flying for Sept. which sucks for him, but I heard that it is PDT who will be doing that flying.

Not interviewing I guess at the moment, but word is that new-hire classes will start like SRAkbad said in Sept/Oct. They will be taking people out of the pool. Interviewing I heard should start again towards the end of 08. Dont know how much truth there is to this stuff, just some stuff I heard.

Like to take a second in this thread here as well and thank everyone who helped me out and answered my questions and PMs regarding PDT when I was going through the interview process/training. It was all really helpful and I appreciate all your guys time for writing back and helping out. Thanks again! :rawk:

The problem with the Horizon 200's is they have no APU's and despite the frugal nature of the company on many other fronts I don't think the boyz in SBY are interested in buying them unless we could get the cost of getting APU's installed knocked off the purchase price. Also the flight director on the 200's EFIS tubes are command bar type vs cross hair, they have dual UNS's and a HUD. So there are standardization issues-o-plenty with PDT buying these airplanes. I have heard a PDT maint guy went out to look at them to see how much we would have to add into our FOM and op specs to operate these a/c and it ended up being quite a bit. If Horizon will come down on the price to make the integration costs lower for us then I also heard mainline would approve the purchase, but it's all rumor until they are dripping oil at a PDT gate..

I'd bet more that PDT/USAir are waiting to see what happens longer-term with MESA vs. sending 100s or Horizon 200s to PHX. If anything happens at MESA and their Dash flying stops, I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to offload their DHC8-200s to USAir to help raise cash thereby keeping JO's shiny RJ service around a little while longer.

Captial expenditures are all but out of the question for everyone right now though, its nothing more than a bleeding contest at the moment.:yar:

To SpiraMirabilis; we fly the 100 because its cheaper to operate and the profit margins are still higher (for us) with 3 seats empty.

Most of our 100s are paid in full and they use significantly less fuel than the 200s. Even 3 extra revenue PAX per plane wouldn't really justify the cost of replacing 100s with 200s for PDT - at least until the 100s get so old that it becomes too expxensive to maintain them.

Back