PDT Furloughs A'Comin!

First of all, there are no furloughs happening at Piedmont as of yet. The company only said that they would consider LOA requests for one month due to the reduced amount of flying during the holiday season.

And if you take that at face value I have oceanfront property in Kentucky you may be interested in Jace...LOA is always the foreshadow to furlough with few exceptions. And in a meeting Friday DJ commented they think about 17-20 will need to be furloughed...

How does 17-20 save the company any real money, especially at the minuscule pay rate at a regional airline?

Sounds like hostage negotiation tactics.

LOAs at a sister airline to scare the PSA pilot group....

....to make things look worse than they really are....?

How does 17-20 save the company any real money, especially at the minuscule pay rate at a regional airline?

Sounds like hostage negotiation tactics.

Aprox $42,000 per month can go a long way towards wet wipes and printer paper! It all adds up over time. Most of our reserve F/O's are flying about 5 to 10 hours a month....

Invest some extra education into the gate agents, rampers, and other ground service personnel at CLT, and you'd probably save more than that.

Well, RSG, we can all dream about PHX base. However, I don't wish other pilots/JCers lost their jobs. :)

CLT - got few stories for that. :p

Me neither....The Mesa crews I've jumpseated with have always been so nice and professional..I'd hate to know our gain was their loss...

Back