PDT Furloughs A'Comin!

RightSeatGirl

KA'PLAH BITCHES!
Company posted requests for VLA today on the employee website...I think we'll get a few takers but not enough to ward off the big "F"....Anybody with a 400 or higher number needs to be quite concerned me thinks..

We are so heavy on FO's I was actually allowed to HARD DROP a trip in October. That is unheard of here.

Also I think we should point out that the LOA's are for 1 month starting at the begining of november.

Hard Drop? How'd you pull that off? Did you submit for that in the 48hr period? I had the understanding hard drops had to be approved by the chief pilot...

Not in the 48hr period. I called Penny and asked in my sweetest tone of voice. And despite all that she said no problem. 9 RSV's the day of the drop.

Furlough's? Eh, who knows. I personally don't think so.
Are there things going on that we don't know about, sure. I personally think that there is more going on nowadays over in SBY concerning expanding over in to PHX. I guess only time will tell :rolleyes:

Furlough's? Eh, who knows. I personally don't think so.
Are there things going on that we don't know about, sure. I personally think that there is more going on nowadays over in SBY concerning expanding over in to PHX. I guess only time will tell :rolleyes:

Same thing many say at PSA with the orginal 27. Then it turned into 76 and 33 down grades. Fact of the matter is we have nearly 15% of our group on the street. You figure RAH/AWAC/MESA/PSA with furloughs it was just a matter of time. Flying a DASH or not when routes are cut they are cut. Eventually it had to catch up with PDT. I hope it doesnt but I think to assume you are going to get PHX flying and have no furloughs I believe is a bit overly optomistic.

I guess all we can hope on is our history. Piedmont/Henson "Fd" 1 time and everyone was recalled in less than 2 months and it was done to show solidarity with mainline pilots as per their request, after 9-11.

I guess all we can hope on is our history. Piedmont/Henson "Fd" 1 time and everyone was recalled in less than 2 months and it was done to show solidarity with mainline pilots as per their request, after 9-11.

What. . .lol

That's some absurd crap right there. The UNION supported this sign of solidarity by sending people to the street?

The decision to furlough isn't in the hands of the union, but rather in the hands of our respective management teams. And at the request of Mainline pilots? Those two words are what leads me to believe it was a union decision. . .

Maybe management teams got together and said "Hey, since you're furloughing, we'll furlough. . .you know. . .to show a sign of solidarity and such with your guys that you sent out to the street. How's that sound?"

Maybe management teams got together and said "Hey, since you're furloughing, we'll furlough. . .you know. . .to show a sign of solidarity and such with your guys that you sent out to the street. How's that sound?"

What's funny is that is about how it's been explained to me over my year here. Any PDT people on here since 9-11-01 to clear this up?

Somewhere around 20% of our active FO's are on reserve. How does that compare to other airlines?
I was thinking of asking for the VLA and traveling before I get a permanent break without travel benefits.

Every few years there are rumors about another US Airways feed carrier moving into PHX but for better or worse Mesa has that on lockdown. Maybe if we go out of business.

Actually, you don't have that on lockdown..your turbo-prop contract with US Airways ends in 09"...And a friend of mine in the FAA out in PHX tells me you guys are giving up your Dash flying by choice anyway...

We might not get a new contract with US Airways on the Dash-8's (nobody knows about CPAs these days) but I highly doubt Mesa would drop the opportunity to rebid for the contract. It's a profitable contract and our Dashes are long term property for us. It would not make sense to not even bid for the contract unless we were increasing Dash flying for United out of Denver and they paid more.

Actually, you don't have that on lockdown..your turbo-prop contract with US Airways ends in 09"...And a friend of mine in the FAA out in PHX tells me you guys are giving up your Dash flying by choice anyway...

Ahhhh yes rumots from the FAA. Might as well just issue a press release now.

Well in any event, PDT presently lacks the aircraft to expand to PHX so I'm not sure we would be able to service the contract unless Parker has something up his sleeve that they aren't talking about airplane wise for us..but that's highly doubtful..

Back