Payroll Failed to Disburse for PDT Crews...

RightSeatGirl

KA'PLAH BITCHES!
The jury is still out on the truth of it all, but today PDT pilots and F/A's did not get paid as scheduled. The company has since issued two memos. The first was an acknowledgment of the problem and "we're working on it", the second came from our CEO essentially putting the blame on PNC bank and claiming our payroll will be funded and dispersed via DD tomorrow.

I have to wonder if the whole "economic doomsday" scenario touted by Emperor Bush may actually be happening....Or then again, maybe someone at PDT just plain screwed up...

The jury is still out on the truth of it all, but today PDT pilots and F/A's did not get paid as scheduled. The company has since issued two memos. The first was an acknowledgment of the problem and "we're working on it", the second came from our CEO essentially putting the blame on PNC bank and claiming our payroll will be funded and dispersed via DD tomorrow.

I have to wonder if the whole "economic doomsday" scenario touted by Emperor Bush may actually be happening....Or then again, maybe someone at PDT just plain screwed up...

Either way, this sucks. Hope they get it figured out.

Interesting that only the pilots and F/As didn't get paid- I wonder if the regular line employee checks went out, since it's the first of the month?

Either way, this sucks. Hope they get it figured out.

Interesting that only the pilots and F/As didn't get paid- I wonder if the regular line employee checks went out, since it's the first of the month?

In which timezone did this occur? ;)

I definitely feel for you. I've had a payroll check bounce so I'd chalk this up there too. I hope somebody at PDT just screwed up.

Hard to say what really happened. We may never know the truth..And now we all just got a email from our MEC that hints not all funds will even get out by tomorrow morning. Contractually PDT has until 5pm today to resolve the issue. I know if I don't get paid before I have to leave for work at the end of the week I'll be staying put at home until I do.

Sorry to hear about it. Hold tight and hopefully it will work out quickly.

Years ago before DD it was common for one airline to "forget" to put some checks on planes so they would be a day late or so to getting them to the employees. It was always a joke to how much interest was made in that day (but it was also the 80's when even a savings account made good interest).

Crud! I hope things get ironed out ASAP!

Some of the things I have been reading and listening to this morning suggest that, in some cases, certain companies with little cash on hand are very worried about short term cash needs and payroll. They speak in terms of this happening now and not a few months down the road. Becasue of issues regarding short term loans and lines of credit, they fear their next paychecks could be delayed. The blame is being laid on the whole bailout issue. . . or lack thereof so far. (This is not me talking here, just what I have been hearing. Its kind of scary if you ask me.)

So long as the checks clear and cash right?

That's what we all say?

I hope there are some pretty pissed off people with pitch forks ready to invade. Messing with people's money is never an okay situation. Should be fixed TODAY, not tomorrow.

There has been a strong showing of solidarity in our pilot group over this. We are giving the company what we have to contractually. If they don't have things resolved by 5pm today many of us will be refusing work until we have our funds. It may very well be a bank problem, but the company is claiming they did everything right..My only question is that if funds were wired to PNC for payroll then there is no rational reason why they should not have been disbursed to the employees. Personally, I think it was PDT that had/has the capitol problem. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Maybe Doug was delivering the checks to PDT. They were in the trunk of his car. He stopped for a cold one, got pulled over by the fuz.

Now his car is in the impound lot with all the checks. Everything will be OK once he pays his impound and towing fees and can get the checks out of the trunk

yeah, that's it....

Sorry US Air is screwing another group.

There has been a strong showing of solidarity in our pilot group over this. We are giving the company what we have to contractually. If they don't have things resolved by 5pm today many of us will be refusing work until we have our funds. It may very well be a bank problem, but the company is claiming they did everything right..My only question is that if funds were wired to PNC for payroll then there is no rational reason why they should not have been disbursed to the employees. Personally, I think it was PDT that had/has the capitol problem. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Most of the time payroll is not wired or moved. Most large company's have what is called a zero balance account for payroll. No money is needed for payroll to go out.

Yikes...hopefully your "employer" is paying AWAC on time...why is this PDT only? You'd think it would be thru the entire company structure (US Airways).

This happened at USA Jet as well.

Nothing happened until everyone, company wide, got their cheddar.

Well actually, I think a few people were scheduled to fly back home, so they did.

It's well after 5pm. . .hopefully you guys got you cheese.

If not. . .I hope no one (Pilots, F/As) show up to work tomorrow unless they're at an outstation.

Back