Payroll Failed to Disburse for PDT Crews...

I just called my bank (a small local credit union) and they had evidence of the direct deposit on it's way into my account with an ETA of tomorrow. I hope that's a good sign!

Well, I now rescind my post above. No money yet! It should have been in there by 9pm tonight (midnight EST) and nothing is in there. :( I am concerned they have no money for even payroll.

Still not paid neither was my capt. Neither of us have PNC. Thankfully I have a bmore overnight tonight which means I'm already at home. They have 30 minutes.

From our Imperious Leader -

"After receiving several calls this morning, we were surprised to find our bank, PNC, failed to process the funding for our semi-monthly pay. The wire for this pay was sent to the bank on September 25th. Due to the bank's error, the wire was not properly processed. The result is your money is not yet in your account. All PNC direct deposits will be funded later today. All others will be funded tomorrow. If you incur any late fees as a result of this error, please make copies and send to payroll, MDT."

So...we are to believe that PNC bank...for lack of a better descriptive "lost" a 1.1 million dollar wire for five days? If you ever wondered what a steaming pile of "pure" BS looked like..read the above letter again.....

I think it far more likely that the corporate credit freeze in effect caused PDT to have to raise capitol for payroll in another way. And the most logical answer is that they got mainline to make an emergency wire transfer to PNC to handle the payroll funding. There are a list of reasons six miles long as to why they would not want to be forthcoming with their flight crews over this...but the fact that they didn't even think about giving us the benefit of the doubt is slap in the face # 6,987,421.224

Well, maybe they told the truth. Maybe they did not. Only the Management and PNC bank knows. :rolleyes:

I would tend to give them a benefit of doubt. ;)

How many suckers are flying for free? Things don't get fixed if you let them walk all over you.

I don't know, but I did hear a few flights got canceled this morning due to crews refusing to fly. This is unsubstantiated and I got it second hand so I don't know...A couple Piedmonsters on another forum said as of 5:30 pm they still had not been paid...Things may certainly get ugly here if this isn't resolved 100% by 6am tomorrow I reckon.

The cash for payroll comes from Mainline all the time. If there was a shortage it was on the Mainline side, not at PDT.

I really do believe it was a bank error. But either way, I'm glad *most* people have now been payed.

I'm not sure you are correct about that...but you may be so I'll not comment. I will comment on it will be interesting to see if ya'll have any issues....I really really hope not.

Back