Pax Request [rant]

minitour

When the pax requests something, you do it. Period. Unless it's illegal or unsafe. I'm talking about when the pax requests something like.........beer.

Yes. They want cold beer. Yes, that means we need to go buy beer. Yes, that means we just need to do it. They're spending $xx,xxx on this trip and if they want a few bottles of Bud (or whatever beer drinkers prefer now), for the love of Christ why can't we just do that? Why do we have to insist that we do everything the hard way? It's $15 worth of beer (at the most). Is $15 worth pissing off a $10k+ customer and never seeing them again?

I'm sure the company would have zero problem with approving the expense for us to go buy it, but for some reason the boss-man wants to play hardball...as usual.

[/rant]

-mini

When the pax requests something, you do it. Period. Unless it's illegal or unsafe. I'm talking about when the pax requests something like.........beer.

Yes. They want cold beer. Yes, that means we need to go buy beer. Yes, that means we just need to do it. They're spending $xx,xxx on this trip and if they want a few bottles of Bud (or whatever beer drinkers prefer now), for the love of Christ why can't we just do that? Why do we have to insist that we do everything the hard way? It's $15 worth of beer (at the most). Is $15 worth pissing off a $10k+ customer and never seeing them again?

I'm sure the company would have zero problem with approving the expense for us to go buy it, but for some reason the boss-man wants to play hardball...as usual.

[/rant]

-mini

Is it a 135 leg? Because if so, since you might be selling it, there could be legal ramifications for "selling" alcohol on a flight, like the requirement for a liquor license, etc. Might also be a bad idea to have a plane full of inebriates depending on the people involved. I dunno. Under 135 you can supply booze, and sell it as long as you serve it, that being said, I'm not entirely sure as to whether or not its legit under local laws.

You could just go and buy the guys some beer and dispense it to them.

Say it with me now

Step over a dollar to save a penny, it's the aviation way....
*sigh*
It's frustrating as the front-line guy that's going to take the shizzle from the pax when there's no beer.

So I'm guessing your boss said NO to the beer?
He wants the broker to take care of it, which would be nice, but wouldn't it just be easier to go pick it up and be done with it since we can't seem to reach the broker? Why do it the hard way?

Is it a 135 leg? Because if so, since you might be selling it, there could be legal ramifications for "selling" alcohol on a flight, like the requirement for a liquor license, etc.
What are you talking about? Who said anything about selling beer?

Reading Comprehension fail.

As for a plane full of drunken folks, it's two people...and they aren't exactly the kind of people that are 1) going to get hammered on a 40 minute flight and 2) cause a problem.

-mini

*sigh*
It's frustrating as the front-line guy that's going to take the shizzle from the pax when there's no beer.

He wants the broker to take care of it, which would be nice, but wouldn't it just be easier to go pick it up and be done with it since we can't seem to reach the broker? Why do it the hard way?

What are you talking about? Who said anything about selling beer?

Reading Comprehension fail.

As for a plane full of drunken folks, it's two people...and they aren't exactly the kind of people that are 1) going to get hammered on a 40 minute flight and 2) cause a problem.

-mini

Nobody did, but you could be considered to be selling it as such by the controlling authority in the region. Just something to think about.

Two people that aren't going to get hammered sounds kind of like a dumb thing to restrict them on then. Silly silly silly silly management.

Nobody did, but you could be considered to be selling it as such by the controlling authority in the region. Just something to think about.
I guess we need to take all of the minis off of the plane too. Wouldn't want anyone to "purchase" some vodka from me for a bloody Mary. :bandit::bandit:

-mini

I guess we need to take all of the minis off of the plane too. Wouldn't want anyone to "purchase" some vodka from me for a bloody Mary. :bandit::bandit:

-mini

You have a minibar on the plane, and he won't let you order beer for the customer, let me just get this straight. If I understand this correctly, I may have a stroke. Seriously?

Can I play?

We depart ORF on Friday night at 2320. Originally scheduled for 2100, then pushed to 2200, pax don't show up til 2300. Land at MYAT, drop off, pay $440 bucks customs "overtime" fees...cash only. Depart for PBI, land at 0130, clear customs, taxi over to the FBO, post flight and head to the hotel. Finally get to bed at 0300.

Spend the next day trying to reset my clock.

Sunday's trip itinerary-
PBI-MYAT-ORF
Depart PBI at 1700 with one pax. Planning to take off with 6,500 lbs fuel, land with 5,500, pick up 8, go home.

At 1445, I have the following exchange of emails:

Boss: "Can we change our departure to 1800 (it already was that) and would you prefer MYAT or MYAM?"

Me: "We were scheduled for 1800, so thats not a problem. Prefer MYAT since I already have customs and handling set up there, plus it is a longer runway which allows us to tanker fuel in instead of having to pay $5.50 a gallon."

Boss: "Well the boat won't fit into the MYAT marina, we'll be at MYAM"

Me thinking to myself: Then why the hell did you give me the option? And wasn't the boat in there Friday night?

So, I got to spend the next hour and a half undoing and redoing what I had spent an two hours doing two days prior; verifying performance numbers for the shorter runway, screwing with eAPIS, canceling the customs and handling at MYAT, arranging customs and handling at MYAM, updating ORF customs on our departure airport

Yeah, thats when you just go out and buy the beer, stick it in the back and just expense it later.

I am assuming this was a last minute request and you didn't get the heads up?

Oh. I forgot I wasn't the only one anymore.

No, he was in recurrent. Regardless, I have to teach ground school this week on eAPIS and Blackberries for him and the other new guy.
Oooooooooooooooooooh.

Lucky you!

"Other New Guy" = Code for Cirrus Bitch?

-mini

Oooooooooooooooooooh.

Lucky you!

"Other New Guy" = Code for Cirrus Bitch?

-mini

Nah. He's got more type ratings than me...at half the total time. He's the son of the father/son Hawker 750 crew here in town.

But not for long. Muhahahahaha. LR-JET type for me next month :rawk:

Back