part 135 cargo???

Pilot86

I know airlines, want degrees but when its comes to say like ameriflight and flight express in part 135 or air cargo...once you have those flight requirements..will they take you just as readily without a 4 year degree?

Where its just comes down to experience?

Most of the (entry level) 135 cargo operators have a less than stellar reputation regarding the treatment of their employees. It is safe to say that they will typically take whoever they can get that meets the flight time requirements degree or not.

Question in return; are ameriflight and/or flight express your final career goals?

For a good company to work for..yes. If I would go airlines I would stay at the regional level.. if it was outside that route what I would want the most would be fixed wing medevac

For a good company to work for..yes. If I would go airlines I would stay at the regional level.
Good company to work for eh?
Stay at the regional level?
Not that I know the specifics of your situation, but I highly suggest you revisit your career goals.

For a good company to work for..yes. If I would go airlines I would stay at the regional level.. if it was outside that route what I would want the most would be fixed wing medevac
There are some "good" regionals where after you build some seniority soe decent QOL and pay await you, especially if you live in base. However, as many on here have said they'd rather be at the bottom of any major than the top of any regional.

Seem medevac guys like their QOL as well. One guy I know said he never got as much sleep as he did on call at his medevac job.

All that said, there's no reason not to get online and knock out a degree to prime yourself for bigger and better things going forward. Just suck it up and do it.

No, if only I could stop procrastinating......

A few questions for ya.

How old are you?

Are you married? If yes, does your husband/wife make a lot of money or do you have a large (like $7,000,000 if you are in your twenties) in the bank?

If not married...Do you plan on getting married?

Between the guy that has Regional Airline Capt at the top of his "Dream Sheet", and the guy who thinks a kid in his 20's needs $7,000,000 to "make it in life"....

I need to be friends with both of them on FB and have a race to "most printable on a t-shirt quote".

Between the guy that has Regional Airline Capt at the top of his "Dream Sheet", and the guy who thinks a kid in his 20's needs $7,000,000 to "make it in life"....

I need to be friends with both of them on FB and have a race to "most printable on a t-shirt quote".

It was just a number to highlight a point dude.

That's quite the number. Something like $50,000 a little too small? If that's not a good "point illustrator" how about $500,000?

Say you are 25 and have 60 years or so to live, it would be around $116,000 a year BEFORE interest. But then you have to figure in inflation, and more importantly the career potential pursing a career at a major and/or legacy. Figuring that, $7,000,000 is quite low

Say you are 25 and have 60 years or so to live, it would be around $116,000 a year BEFORE interest. But then you have to figure in inflation, and more importantly the career potential pursing a career at a major and/or legacy. Figuring that, $7,000,000 is quite low

Say you work at a legacy and get furloughed, or fired for a myriad of things, or they file bankruptcy. Bye bye planning.

Anything other than ownership of your own business guarantees nothing. And even in that, there is the only guarantee that you can wake up and not get fired.

Say you work at a legacy and get furloughed. Bye bye planning.

Say I get hit by a bus tomorrow morning going to work, there goes planning too.

You work with what you have in front of you, and while you can point cite the outliers, doing so isn't reasonable.

Say I get hit by a bus tomorrow morning going to work, there goes planning too.

You work with what you have in front of you, and while you can point cite the outliers, doing so isn't reasonable.

I edited while you replied. No fair. I call a do-over.:p

I edited while you replied. No fair. I call a do-over.:p

Sorry mate, I didn't want to give you any ammo to make you think that this is about you when I was trying to make a general statement, which it turns out you wanted to pull the trigger on.

Say you work at a legacy and get furloughed, or fired for a myriad of things, or they file bankruptcy. Bye bye planning.

That is why I said 'career potential' in my post...

I like to think positive.

Sorry mate, I didn't want to give you any ammo to make you think that this is about you when I was trying to make a general statement, which it turns out you wanted to pull the trigger on.

When you quote something one says, GENERALLY... it's directed at that person.

Back