Paris

FlyChicaga

Vintage Restoration
It's so funny seeing your Paris pictures Doug... I remember seeing many of those things first hand in my trip there last month! That Virgin Megastore... The one on the Rue de Champs Elysees... I ended up spending like 50 euro on some french pop music CDs!

There's a good pub right off RdeCE. You'll see it, since it has a big red neon sign that says "PUB". LOL

Hope Doug can get back into JFK from Paris, they've cancelling flights all day thru snow at JFK, they are down to one runway, and earlier they had a 747 slide off a runway and had to close the airport to all arrivals for 2 hours

It's actually our second trip to Paris so we're just puttering around places at a leisurely pace. We spent about a week here a couple years ago so the leisurely pace is fantastic!

Nice waking up in the morning not having a strict itineray and meandering around everywhere!

The loads out of Paris got rocked for the 25th because of the weather in JFK but we're probably going to check out early, grab a TGV (French High Speed Train) to Brussels which is only about two hours, enjoy a "gaufre" (Belgian Waffle), get some Flemmish food and hit the chocolate store as they're wide open tomorrow.

An extra hundred bucks or so for a couple high speed rail tickets, but the peace of mind of traveling on a non-vacation trip is well worth it! Woo hoo! Well, woo hoo at least so far.
smile.gif

But $100 sure beats blowing an S-2 pass, sitting around the terminal white knuckled watching flight after flight leave without you. Plus, the Novotel Tour Eiffel is a kick ass hotel and we'll be checking out a day early, but what an adventure, eh?
smile.gif

Actually, it's 1200 and we're watching the loads and it's actually looking OK for giving CDG a shot tomorrow.

So if it doens't work out, instead of playing the standby game the next day, we'll go down to the airport train station and ride the TGV to Brussels tomorrow.

In case anyone's wondering, it's 1230PM monday in Paris.

Good luck with the trip back, hope you get seats nice and easily. Bon Voyage!
I have to ask, while we're kinda on the subject, why does Delta have flights to all the major European cities from JFK excepting London?

[ QUOTE ]
I thought there would be pictures of Paris Hilton here. Damn it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But she is Ucky!!!!
crazy.gif

Back