Paintball discussion....Choose preferred date and time!

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
Thanks to Matt (Flychicaga) for making the calls and getting the much needed info!! :) I know absolutely nothing about paintball :p

First off, we are trying to decide on whether to hold 3 hrs of paintball fun on Sunday or Tuesday...

Sunday, all day is open until 7pm but Tuesday is not due to transportation needed to transport to/from the 3 tour locations and airport dropoffs.

If you choose tuesday, please choose a preferred time => 10:30AM - 1:30PM or 3PM - 6PM...

---
Also, just as an FYI for those who wish to play....here's the info:

The company is Combat Zone Paintball (south of Las Vegas)

they have 3 large fields, 2 battlefields (trenches, bunkers) and Tourney style (professional play)....can make up various games like divide into teams, divide and conquer, elimination, capture the flag and others....play is rain or shine (it'll most likely be sunny), a waiver will need to be signed!!

All the rental equipment is provided for $50:
1 marker Tipman 98 with hopper, 1 face mask, 1 air tank, chest protection for the ladies and 500 paintballs

If you decide to bring your own equipment, it's $30 to play.

Food and beverage can be brought in or can be supplied by local italian pizza place.

We have to put a deposit down which is why i'm polling this before we actually set it in stone and put it on the sched. We need to have at least 10, hopefully more, able to participate. :)

Poll ends in 5 days, if there's an overwhelming majority, i'll close it sooner than 5.

so what happened to the 28 people that were *interested* in participating?

I was one of the 28.

Times will probably not work with my schedule, I arrive on Sunday, and my day is packed on Tuesday..... I can't speak for the others, but, that is my story:dunno::D

actually, talking to the guy...he said at least 10...

and that's because they're typically closed on a Tuesday, open over the weekend. For Tuesday to happen and to have "group play" on Tues or Sunday, we'd need 10...anything less and it's not worth the resources, nor would we have a "group".

I asked him what the "minimum" for them to open to us on Tuesday (just in case we didn't get 25) and learned how they go about doing their deposit, rates, employees needed to open up etc.

he said he'd love it if it was 25-30...but if we did end up getting lower than that, then 10 would be the min amount because of the number of employees needed, electricity etc.

My understanding is that the deposit of $500 is essentially the payment for 10 players ($50 a pop). If there were going to be less than 10 players then the deposit would go up to about $750 which doesn't make for even payment on our side.

Ok, we've added paintball to the schedule and event descriptions....

from 2-5 on Sunday. Is that a good time since the majority preferred afternoon?

See the schedule for description, pickup/return times and download of the safety waiver

Check our eventbrite reservation system and book your tickets! We are including roundtrip transportation so you don't have to worry about it. mapquest says it's a 15 minute drive...but i'm not buying it. I figure its got to be e at least 1/2 hour.

If you think you want to stop off for food before or afterwards, let me know so we can make sure the driver will be informed.

If you want to do paintball, sign up for it and don't dream of waiting until the last minute.

Why?

Well if one two or three sign up in the next week or so, I have to decide if it's cost effective to drop the deposit and arrange for shuttle transportation to/from.

"Dude I want to do it, count me in" is not an SMS to my iPhone, it's registering for the paintaball event. Remember, 100% of this stuff is out-of-Doug's pocket and it's not like it's the year 2000 around the old checking account! :)

that's 2...we need 8 more to make it a go....

if we don't get the 10, your money will be refunded.

if i change it to 1pm, would that work? i really can't go earlier than that unless everyone else in the poll is ok with like 11am or so since that's no longer "afternoon".

if i change it to 1pm, would that work? i really can't go earlier than that unless everyone else in the pole is ok with like 11am or so.
1pm to 3:30? Not that I want other peoples schedule around my personal agenda, but we have a show at 9pm and have dinner before that. So probably dinner at 6:30. Need little less then an hour to look pretty etc. Anyways, I'm interested.

keep in mind that we can't even put a deposit down on the time until we have the money funded.

right now, this isn't even on their books because the deposit is so high.

Back