Over 3 weeks on the road

Mad Doggy Dog

Over 3 weeks on the road!

It was my fault though....

Had a 6 day Milan and a 7 day Venice. Went to Antigua, Guatemala in between both trips for a little adventure vacation with the Mrs.

But I am a little tired for some strange reason.

I think I will just sit in my house and stare drooling at the walls for the next few days!

Pictures:

1. Crew doing the "Iron Man" layover. [No sleep] Lake Como, Italy.
2. Lake Como fountain
3. English Channel
4. Duomo
5. At the top of Volcano Pacaya with my wife, Juan the guide, and Ella the dog.
6. Wife's mtn bike wipeout at 7000' near Antigua
7. Open mic night with MDD and Juan the guide.
8. Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
9. Ponte Tette in VCE. The "Titty Bridge."
10. Ultimate crew meal. Thanks NYC FAs!

Attachments

• Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 109.jpg
    Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 109.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 239
  • Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 111.jpg
    Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 111.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 126.jpg
    Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 126.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 214.jpg
    Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 214.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 244.jpg
    Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 244.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 203
  • Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 291.jpg
    Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 291.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 359.jpg
    Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 359.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 517.jpg
    Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 517.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 633.jpg
    Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 633.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 623.jpg
    Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 623.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 167
Was it a hassle to bring the puppy along?:)

Not for me. I didn't have to carry the dog.

Juan did. It's his dog.

Her put her in a backpack...........she barely fits.

Walking on lava is bad for a dog's paws.

Attachments

• Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 261.jpg
    Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 261.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 103
  • Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 247.jpg
    Copy of 2008-06 MXP GUA VCE 247.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 99
Great pics, MDD!

Do you know what's sad? I know you were flying westbound by what was on the tray! :) That mushroom soup is off da heezy.

I'm a little hooked on the "Crew Tortilla Espangnol" after two Spain crossings. Man, ah'mo hafta lookup the recipe for that!

And MDD, are ya ready? 1....2....3.... This job blows doesn't it? :) :sarcasm:

You know what else is sad, Doug?.....

I didn't even know about "crew pasta" out of VCE until the NYC FAs told us about it. The ATL "golden girls" have been holding out on us.............or forgetting. Senility is a terrible thing.

How was the wx in BCN?

VCE was "Africa hot." And humid too like New Orleans. Nasty! Not gonna go back there in the summer ever again.

You know what else is sad, Doug?.....

I didn't even know about "crew pasta" out of VCE until the NYC FAs told us about it. The ATL "golden girls" have been holding out on us.............or forgetting. Senility is a terrible thing.

Oh man, we get crew pasta throughout Italy and crew tortilla throughout Spain. And it's good too! See, you need to bring your butt back to JFK! :) I did that one ATL turn during the SVO 6-day and I learned the difference with catlike quickness.

How was the wx in BCN?

Freaking HOT HOT HOT. And humid. Some of us met up for a pre-debrief stroll around the area and all of my GUYliner and MANscarra started running (I'm kidding). Man, it was hot and even though it's freaking ridiculously hot in PHX, it was blazing.

But BCN was a great layover, great hotel, but we're going back to the "one we had earlier", which I'm not sure is good or not. The MAD hotel is a little closer to downtown but it's more or less like the CDG hotel with wood flooring. I think we just got kicked out for the summer in MAD.

BCN's certainly a city I need to throw on my prefs, perhaps when it cools off a little though.

If anyone lays over in VCE, chances are your hotel will be in Mestre, on the mainland side of the city.

If so, go to the Aussie Bar.

Below is a picture of Melissa, the waitress.

I don't remember if the service was good, if the beer was cold, or if the bill was correct.

All I knew was that............I didn't care!

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 221
If anyone lays over in VCE, chances are your hotel will be in Mestre, on the mainland side of the city.

I don't remember if the service was good, if the beer was cold, or if the bill was correct.

Yup! I've been there!

It was a great way to soothe the sting of the A-line threatening to stab me in the eye because I thought the new safety video was entertaining and fresh. Next time I'm going to kick her walker out of her hands and push her in the street. :)

Flight home's boarding. Later skaters.

Gawd, I can't wait to get back to the ER. I've only been on the "Classic" for a month now and I already regret it. Vegas gets real old real quick. Seattle was good though.

See, you need to bring your butt back to JFK! :) I did that one ATL turn during the SVO 6-day and I learned the difference with catlike quickness.

Doug,

Next time you have to fly with ATL FA's, do what I do.

Organize a Bea Arthur look-alike contest for them.

It is very entertaining.

"Ahh yeah, let's give a hand to Rue McClannahan..."

"Next up on the main stage... Say hello to... Aunt Bea... Ahhhh, yeah, make it rain, fellas!"

Yup! I've been there!

It was a great way to soothe the sting of the A-line threatening to stab me in the eye because I thought the new safety video was entertaining and fresh. Next time I'm going to kick her walker out of her hands and push her in the street. :)

Flight home's boarding. Later skaters.

The A line on my last trip was #8.... tell why a single digit girl is still working A?

The A line on my last trip was #8....

I flew with her a few weeks ago.

We got her drunk at the layover hotel and she got up and started singing and dancing to the "Milkshake" song by Kelis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ-FAV9fBII

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.........damn right.....it's better than yours..........damn right.......it's better than yours...........I could teach you but I have to charge..........."

I live near an ATL based FA that flies to Europe a lot. What are the chances of you knowing her?

I flew with her a few weeks ago.

We got her drunk at the layover hotel and she got up and started singing and dancing to the "Milkshake" song by Kelis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ-FAV9fBII

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.........damn right.....it's better than yours..........damn right.......it's better than yours...........I could teach you but I have to charge..........."

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Hilarious!

Yep! Melissia looks like she would be one damn good waitress. :D
:hiya:

Sweet pics!!! so is Mrs. MDD ok after her spill?

Why did the guide bring his dog if he has to carry it?

Back