OU Questions

mavsfan31

I'm a high school senior with an interest in becoming a pilot (whether that be airline, cargo; I don't know). Depending on how my interview goes with the Price College, I'll probably attend OU.

My plan is some sort of a business major, with an aviation minor. I'm starting flight training now, so I'll have my private when I get to Norman.

Would it make sense to do all the aviation courses as soon as I can in order to start finding ways to build my time?

On this note, does anyone know what it is like to instruct at OU? I was hoping that once I got all my ratings I would be able to pick up a few students to instruct. Am I thinking too ambitiously, or is this possible?

i took flight lessons at ou. also, a good friend of mine instructs there, it is not the best place to instruct at. if you could, i would suggest instructing elsewhere....the pay and benefits arent all that great. instructors are paid hourly, and do not get any health benefits as they are considered "temporary" employees

hey glad to hear your interested in OU. your plan sounds pretty good. I think our minor will take you through commercial. I would recommend doing your flight classes as soon as possible which is what im doing. Im half way through my sophomore year and i am doing CFI in the spring so hopefully i'll have two years of instructing while i finish my degree. Shoot me an email at craigdavidson@ou.edu if you have some specific questions.

Back