Osprey Crash

dustoff17

Still trying to reach the Top Shelf
Today, a V-22 Osprey crashed off the coast of Japan. Under AFSOC, the 353rd Special Operations Wing aircraft was conducting a "routine training mission" at the time. 8 Airmen were aboard; their staus is "unknown" right now....

RIP

This the one that was a week or so ago? Terrible to hear. I think one at least initially survived?

I was perusing the aviation sub over on Reddit and I guess the pilot/mission commander was very active over there. Looking at his post history, it seems like he spent a large amount of his time defending the V22. It seems his wife is now posting on the account after his passing.

May be familiar to some, but I did some searching and noticed that an issue referred to as "hard clutch engagement" has been a persistent problem with the V22 that they haven't seemed to figure out a solution for. This article seemed to do the best job of explaining it.

May be familiar to some, but I did some searching and noticed that an issue referred to as "hard clutch engagement" has been a persistent problem with the V22 that they haven't seemed to figure out a solution for. This article seemed to do the best job of explaining it.

Y’all got any more of them C-2 Greyhounds?

I’m pretty sure they worked that out and they can carry the engine internally. I’m not sure what they had to do to make that happen.
1702053886719.png

The V22 was a crap idea to begin with for military operations (especially for special ops). It NEVER met contract requirements, budget, or operational demands from the onset. Politics built this beast!
And, the V280 is going to be a financial, mechanical, and operational nightmare in the very near future too!!

Back