Oshkosh Roush Crash Question

jwp_145

GhostRider in the Sky
So did any video of the ACTUAL crash ever surface? I couldn't ever find any, but you know that someone caught it.

And this is the problem of ego versus good judgement and good skills. Had he had a safety pilot with him, the incident most likely could have and would have been avoided. Any wise pilot, no matter how many years they have flown, or under what conditions, no matter their experience, or how many thousands of hours they have flown, knows when it's a good idea to have a second set of hands and eyes with them upfront. If indeed he is flying again and flying solo and two crashes haven't taught him anything, I just hope no one else dies when he eventually has his third.

Last edited:
And this is the problem of ego versus good judgement and good skills. Had he had a safety pilot with him, the incident most likely could have and would have been avoided. Any wise pilot, no matter how many years he has flown, or under what conditions, or how many thousands of hours he has flown, knows when it's a good idea to have a second set of hands and eyes with him upfront. If indeed he is flying again and flying solo and two crashes haven't taught him anything, I just hope no one else dies when he eventually has his third.

Wouldn't it be his 4th. Since he crashed the Aircam, the Premier and taxied his P51 into another airplane.

I thought he had only had two. (AirCam (into the lake) and the Premier at Osh) I didn't know about the P51. When/where did he do that?

Oshkosh 2011, no ned for cover this time

Jack Roush
by I Adler, on Flickr

100% crop, can't tell...
Screen Shot 2013-12-02 at 1.56.54 PM.png

I was there and snapped a few as Jack was exiting the crash scene. They're some what gory, so I'll hold off on posting them here.

Here is a slideshow of the event:

Back