Only one US airport made it in the world's top 10... Guess which one? (Hint, think Delta)

Re: Only one US airport made it in the world\'s top 10... Guess which one? (Hint, think Delta)

When I think Delta I think ATL, and Im sure it didnt make it as the world's favorite.

Re: Only one US airport made it in the world\'s top 10... Guess which one? (Hint, think Delta)

[ QUOTE ]
When I think Delta I think ATL, and Im sure it didnt make it as the world's favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pissed.....

Kingman, Pinal Air Park, Stellar Air Park, and Gila Bend, AZ all should've made the list.

Re: Only one US airport made it in the world\'s top 10... Guess which one? (Hint, think De

[ QUOTE ]
Gila Bend, AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn right. Nothing beats a shack with a toilet sitting outside next to the wall!

You been there lately?

They've repaved the runway (still rough as sh*t tho) the taxiways and the ramp. If it weren't for the fact that absoloutely nothing is there it'd be a cool little airport!
grin.gif

Re: Only one US airport made it in the world\'s top 10... Guess which one? (Hint, think De

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gila Bend, AZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn right. Nothing beats a shack with a toilet sitting outside next to the wall!

You been there lately?

They've repaved the runway (still rough as sh*t tho) the taxiways and the ramp. If it weren't for the fact that absoloutely nothing is there it'd be a cool little airport!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't had the opportunity to check out Gila Bend lately; I fly in and out of the AFAF a few miles south. But it did appear to have new blacktop on the runway.

If you ever stop into the town there, the best damn hole-in-the-wall mexican food joint is located there. Good eats at a low price.

Kingman? The biggest little airport in the world.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
. If it weren't for the fact that absoloutely nothing is there it'd be a cool little airport

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the beauty of an airport in the middle of no where. No one to bother you! Thats the best time I could ever have. It reminds me of the days when I used to go offroading in Dubai in the early 90's. We broke the transmission and had to walk 3 miles to a gas station in 110 degree weather.

[ QUOTE ]

If you ever stop into the town there, the best damn hole-in-the-wall mexican food joint is located there. Good eats at a low price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt that all Mexican food
wink.gif

None of the world's 10 busiest passenger airports -- headed by Atlanta, Georgia, with nearly 77 million passengers last year, Illinois' Chicago O'Hare, London's Heathrow and Tokyo's Haneda -- were in the top league for passenger satisfaction.

TOP 10 AIRPORTS
1 Dubai
2 Singapore
3 Hong Kong
4 Copenhagen, Denmark
5 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
6 Incheon, South Korea
7 Athens, Greece
8 Vancouver, Canada
9 Cincinnati, Ohio
10 Sydney, Australia
Source: IATA

<font color="red"> </font>

Obviously whoever compiled that list has never sat for a couple of hours in Cincy's C Terminal.

Yeah, CVG.....great airport, too bad it's in Cincinnati.
grin.gif

Actually it isn't in Cincinnati. It's in Kentucky!
grin.gif

A few things. CVG is a great airport. I love it. A huge thing for my home town, help put cincinnati on the map. 2. The airport itself is great, the most passenger friendly ever. Dave, you are the only person who ever has complained about concorse "c". 3. What are all your problems with cincinnati? What do you mean "too bad it's in cincinnati". This is a great city. A really nice place to live, It offers everything, even a GREAT international airport. The airport, even though its in kentucky, is a great part of our community. With delta here it stabalizes our economy. So, pass thru CVG on your next chance and check out what were very proud of!

[ QUOTE ]
3. What are all your problems with cincinnati? What do you mean "too bad it's in cincinnati".

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I didn't make that comment. I actually would like to fly the ACA Do 328 Jets at CVG, but then they operate out of the A terminal instead of C.

To me, the C terminal is just crowded and uncomfortable. I prefer the traditional setup where you can be reasonably sure to get a seat near your gate.

Cool Dave. I kinda now agree with you about concourse c. It is shaped in the holding pen arrangment. I was just at the airport watching planes. Lots of A.C.A jets there. It would be an awsome thing for you to come and work here. Those jets are cool.

Anyway I would recomend coming here, really cool airport, airlines. CVG is a nice place.

Amen Dave!! I wouldn't put CVG in the top 50 because of Terminal C. Having lived in the Cincy area nearly all of my life I've flown out of CVG as a passenger and a pilot more times than I can count. Great airport except they really screwed the pooch when it comes to Terminal C. Too many people in a small space, have to ride a bus to get there, very confusing Gate/Door numbering system, not able to hear PA annoucements in all parts of the building, not enough flight info monitors, no flightinfo monitors in the seating area(except for the tiny little boards near the doors that are frequently utdated and incorrect). Arrrgghhhh - I hate Terminal C - avoid whenerv I can.

I always thought Indianapolis Intl was one of the best airports in terms of ease of use to the pax.

Jason

CVG is a good airport, but it has laughable food service -- unless you're into Goldstar Chili, KFC (with no "C") or McDonalds!
smile.gif

MCO, in my opinion, is one of the best airports in the country in terms of food and things to do between flights.

Wow, all this Cincinnati bashing. If it is so bad why does it always get such good ratings? And Doug, if you come to eat Cincinnati style chili, you have to eat SKYLINE, not gold star. I to have lived in Cincinnati my whole life and I love CVG, I love this airport. And in defense of Comair, they were the first regional airline to operate rj's and build a concourse for them. So you kind of have to give them credit for doing that.

P.S. Jason, it is concourse c not terminal c.

I really don't think I'm bashing CVG, just that we "pre-eat" when we have a long sit in CVG because of the lack of food choices.

I don't think I'm really bashing CVG either. It's a good airport but once you get out and spend time in all of the other airports across the country you'll see that there are many that are more 'passenger friendly'.

Jason

PS - I second the Skyline comment - Gold Star sucks

Back