Only one US airport made it in the world's top 10... Guess which one? (Hint, think Delta)

Re: Only one US airport made it in the world\'s top 10... Guess which one? (Hint, think Delta)

Well I guess your right, I always thought CVG had a good food service but im not out there everyday at different airports seeing what everyone else has to offer. My favorite airport to eat would be at ORD because of all the chineese food. Seems to be alot of choice there. I was in MSP recently and I wasn't amazed with the food there. But CVG is in Kentucky so the standards naturrally go down
grin.gif
jk

Re: Only one US airport made it in the world\'s top 10... Guess which one? (Hint, think Delta)

I think as a professional pilot, you tend to get a different impression of airports than you would if you're an occasional passenger.

Like many people love ATL because of the simplicity of the transportation system and the ease of transitioning concourses. But as a pilot, it's a mad house, way too many people meandering around and the ramp areas are always a mess. Too many days of "enter on the left side, transition left after B-14, wait for a company 75, transition back and and wait behind A-23 for me, you're waiting for an outbound MD-88 pushing back from B-26"

All a passenger sees is "Hey, we're arriving in B-12, we're connecting at A-19 and there's frozen yogurt right there, yum!"

As far as ATL goes, any airport with it's own Chick-fil-a can't be all bad.

Seriously though, I was commuting through there a couple of days ago and decided to get a breakfast biscuit. I ordered a ham biscuit and went back to the gate to eat. When I got there, I realized that my ham biscuit contained a slice of baked ham instead of country ham! For a southerner, this borders on sacrilege. I would expect this in the north, but at ATL they really should know better!
mad.gif

Uh...what is the difference between country ham and baked ham?

True, some things I wouldn't expect a southerner to know. Like the difference between a first and fourth cousin
tongue.gif

Country ham is mega tasty, but not something you want to hear about how it's made or stored!
smile.gif

Country ham is salt cured. Baked ham is sugar cured.

And there are plenty of foods that you are better of not knowing where they came from.

[ QUOTE ]
True, some things I wouldn't expect a southerner to know. Like the difference between a first and fourth cousin

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm from Georgia, not Alabama!
grin.gif

Absolutely!

We always had country ham back in the house when I was growing up. My parents were both southerners so I gained a good respect (and taste) for 'suthun' cookin'

Heck, I perfer that over the traditional 'baked ham' variety any day. But living in N. Scottsdale, it's a little more 'difficult' to find.

Hey...Like Samuel L. Jackson once said,

"I don't dig on swine..."

(But I do!...thanks for the ham info. dave)

Back