Online FAA medical

Eibon

Hello,

Ive recently found the love of flying through a discovery flight and a flying lesson, and now Im doing the online faa medical. I was wondering if failing a drug test over half a decade ago over an accident brownie would have an impact, and also if there was anyway I could obtain my entire medical history for the online questionnaire.

Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere. I havent found it.

Was it a private company or government drug test?

If private company - the FAA and AME doesn’t have a way to obtain those results. Do what you will with that information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Private via employer. What would normally happen if they do find someone with a previous failed drug test?

Hi Eibon,

Question 18n asks if you have failed a drug test ever. If it were to come to light down the road that you did not answer truthfully the FAA has the option of invoking heavy penalties. While I can't speak as to how the FAA would handle your case specifically they are more interested in stopping airmen who have abuse issues than they are in punishing old mistakes. Being honest from the start has the advantage of not always looking over your shoulder when you are far along in your career. This is good advice for filling out your form as well as life.

Best regards,

Aaron Florkowski, MD
FAA designated Aviation Medical Examiner
www.kansascityame.com

Back