Old Chart thread...

aviatorx43

Anybody got any old charts they would like to post pics of? Ancient sectionals, approach plates, whatever. A while ago somebody put up a Jepp 10-9 of O'Hare which was frickin sweet...

Comparing the TAC chart for Phoenix in '97 when I started flying to now is pretty epic just to see the city expanding.

Alex.

I'm on the road now, but when I get home I can post up a pic of my NY Sectional from the mid 70s. Pretty neat to see the airspace, or lack there of.

I have an old DFW sectional from the mid 1980s. I'll have to get a shot of it and post it. The DFW area was a totally different landscape.

Our guest bathroom is papered with VFR charts, completely contiguous except above the door (Washington DC with the restricted areas). The wallpaper guy said, "I've been doing this for 25 years, but I've never done airplane charts before." The artwork above the head are three framed approach plates to the home airport (KPWA), the Lands End towels are monogrammed with "Blue Skies," and the votives are 1st class AA tumblers I found on eBay. Brightwork is all brushed nickel, evoking the art deco DC-3/Connie era, including halogen lights faucet & handles, towel bar and toilet paper holder. When you're sitting on the throne you'll find the local OKC/TIK Class C at eye level to your right.

Then I got married and my step-daughter filled it with pink towels, and blow dryers and hair straighteners and gel and creme rinse and potions and lotions and all kinds of crap, none of which can get through even the most lenient TSA check point. Perhaps there are issues that need to be discussed elsewhere.

What was the question again?

Comparing the TAC chart for Phoenix in '97 when I started flying to now is pretty epic just to see the city expanding.

Alex.

Thats nothing. Phoenix sectional 1979 of my dads....Ill have to post some pics here. I was able to find it in a box.

Dallas 1969

Dallas 1969.jpg

I've got some old ATL Terminal charts from the 70's that depict ATL with the criss-cross runways. I'll see if I can dig them up.

You bet Mike, have seen Phx expand, not as much as the locals though. Worth discussing if I make it out for CFI in Dec...

Thats nothing. Phoenix sectional 1979 of my dads....Ill have to post some pics here. I was able to find it in a box.

You bet Mike, have seen Phx expand, not as much as the locals though. Worth discussing if I make it out for CFI in Dec...

Don't have old charts, but I collect old terminal maps. I found a road map from the late 60s cleaning out my grandpas stuff that detailed all the buildings, runways, airline gate assignments, and taxiways for SFO/HAF/SQL/PAO/SJC. With the exception of Half Moon Bay, the others have changed a ton. I'll take a pic of SFO later if I remember.

Back