Old Chart thread...

This is always interesting. Apparently, Applied Molecular Genetics, Inc.'s[1] headquarters is built on top of the old Rancho Conjeo airport. And Ventura used to have an airport too.

[1] www.amgen.com
I've got an old LA sectional from the early sixties I found when cleaning out my grandpas house. It's gots all those fields on there. One up on the rincon too if I remember. He also had all these radials drawn off the FIM VOR for what looked like his own pseudo approach into SZP. He got into P-40's during the end of WWII but never went overseas. He got out became a pharmacist and flew GA for a bit until he abruptly stopped. My mom thinks he scared the crap (reference home made appch) out of himself enough to make him hang it up. End thread drift.

I've got an old LA sectional from the early sixties I found when cleaning out my grandpas house. It's gots all those fields on there. One up on the rincon too if I remember. He also had all these radials drawn off the FIM VOR for what looked like his own pseudo approach into SZP. He got into P-40's during the end of WWII but never went overseas. He got out became a pharmacist and flew GA for a bit until he abruptly stopped. My mom thinks he scared the crap (reference home made appch) out of himself enough to make him hang it up. End thread drift.
I'm pretty sure that folks are still rolling their own ODPs for Santa Paula. At one of our recent pilot-controller meetings there was a discussion about departing that airport IFR (which, in my judgement, is a quite bad idea unless you can climb from the surface to the MVA/MEA under VFR), and Approach went "WOT?"

Back