Oklahoma pilot. CFI, CFII, MEI

avi8tor1983

I am looking for any kind of flying job in oklahoma. I am located in Stillwater but will commute to Oklahoma city or Tulsa. I am a CFI, CFII and MEI. I have around 550 hours and a little over 200 hours dual given.

Multi time is 126 hours.
Flown:
Piper Seminole
Piper Warrior
Dimaond DA 40
Diamond DA 20
Piper Cherokee 140 and 180
Cessna 152
Cessna 172
Cessna 182
Cessna 172 RG

I'm only looking in Oklahoma. Thank you for the time and consideration.

Email at tylerandcarteralan@yahoo.com

Jake, I emailed you back and thank you for the help! I didn't go to OSU however my little brother is a senior in the flight progam there.

I see the flight Riverside Academy advertising all the time for CFI's.

P.S. If you find and extra job during your search, let me know. I'm looking for something around there too.

Yeah Riverside is always in need of CFI's but they work you 6 days a week and start you at 7 am every morning that meens i'd have to leave stillwater around 530 am 6 days a week witch is a little early for me. Thanks to Jake I have an interview with OSU today. I'll let you know if I find anything though. Where are you looking exactly? flight times?

Yeah Riverside is always in need of CFI's but they work you 6 days a week and start you at 7 am every morning that meens i'd have to leave stillwater around 530 am 6 days a week witch is a little early for me. Thanks to Jake I have an interview with OSU today. I'll let you know if I find anything though. Where are you looking exactly? flight times?

PM your way...

I have two friends that are instructing for RFC. They don't have to be there at 7am every day and they are not there 6 days a week. You pretty much have free reign over your schedule and can do what you want. It's a very laid back place and both of them enjoy working there.

Where did you end up getting on? I'm looking around the same area with no success... OSU is not an option.

Hey all. Sorry for the belated responce my internet has been down for quite some time now. I'm working for OSU now full time. Lots of flying. Thanks to all of you guys who helped me out. Pay isn't that great though and we were denied a raise last week. FlyingPoke. I don't know where else to tell you honestly. I tried everywhere. There is Oklahoma Aviation in Oklahoma city and AirOne flight academy. They are both located at wiley post. I worked for AirOne for a short time and really couldn't stand Hal. He owns it and really wants it run his way. If you apply just don't mention me we had our words. Also there is superior aviation here in stillwater. They do ok I think but not great. Gentry is a great guy that owns it. Pay starts at 16 an hour there. Not to shabby. If you want to move south of the border and work a lot I worked in Denton, TX for U.S. Flight Academy and they are top notch. Lots of flying and most of the domestic students fly Diamond 20's and 40's. If I notice anything come up besides OSU i'll let you know. PM me if you find anything.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions... I've pretty much exhausted everything in OK and think I'll be heading to ATP soon to finish my CFII and MEI and apply with them in Arlington... hopefully anyway. Through this very long job search I've learned definitely dont get my hopes up. Had a few bumps in the road.

I was considering OSU when I heard of the pay increase, but I cant imagine trying to live off 12 an hour... great place though, wish I could go back home there.

LOL I hate to bust your bubble, but The Sooner Nation rules the roost down here in Arlington. J/K I'm in CFI school now in Arlington. When are you scheduled/planning on coming down?

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions... I've pretty much exhausted everything in OK and think I'll be heading to ATP soon to finish my CFII and MEI and apply with them in Arlington... hopefully anyway. Through this very long job search I've learned definitely dont get my hopes up. Had a few bumps in the road.

I was considering OSU when I heard of the pay increase, but I cant imagine trying to live off 12 an hour... great place though, wish I could go back home there.

Hey all. Sorry for the belated responce my internet has been down for quite some time now. I'm working for OSU now full time. Lots of flying. Thanks to all of you guys who helped me out. Pay isn't that great though and we were denied a raise last week. FlyingPoke. I don't know where else to tell you honestly. I tried everywhere. There is Oklahoma Aviation in Oklahoma city and AirOne flight academy. They are both located at wiley post. I worked for AirOne for a short time and really couldn't stand Hal. He owns it and really wants it run his way. If you apply just don't mention me we had our words. Also there is superior aviation here in stillwater. They do ok I think but not great. Gentry is a great guy that owns it. Pay starts at 16 an hour there. Not to shabby. If you want to move south of the border and work a lot I worked in Denton, TX for U.S. Flight Academy and they are top notch. Lots of flying and most of the domestic students fly Diamond 20's and 40's. If I notice anything come up besides OSU i'll let you know. PM me if you find anything.

When I was a student pilot I took a few lessons at AirOne and knew Hal. It's not a place where I would want to work or take lessons from (Long Story).

On the otherhand, I also flew with Oklahoma Aviation for a few lessons and they seemed to be really great people. I plan to start renting from them eventually.

Definatley do not get involved with Air One. Depending on where you live there are several other good flight schools in Oklahoma. The only problem is that there are not many of them.

ive been pretty impressed with OU's flight school....then again the only comparison i have with them and other schools is price. OU was cheaper, and had better aircraft than any other school i looked at (plus its close for me)

LOL I hate to bust your bubble, but The Sooner Nation rules the roost down here in Arlington. J/K I'm in CFI school now in Arlington. When are you scheduled/planning on coming down?

Haha... and the Bedlam Rivalry spills into the aviation world.

I'm not scheduled yet, still need to get an IPC done and get Sallie Mae in the works, but I'm hoping the next couple weeks... that way hopefully theres still a job for me.

One of my old students is actually down there, you may know him. I'd like to get some info on how things are down there, I'll PM you... I'll let it slide that youre a gooner :D just kidding!

(PS... the OU aviation department does fly some nice aircraft, however starting pay $8? Hahahaha... stop giving all your money to the football players! :D;))

:sarcasm:That's just the pay for an OSU grad. Far beyond the average payscale for OSU Alum. Just like at ATP graduate from our school and get paid more.:sarcasm:

[quote
(PS... the OU aviation department does fly some nice aircraft, however starting pay $8? Hahahaha... stop giving all your money to the football players! :D;))[/quote]

:sarcasm:That's just the pay for an OSU grad. Far beyond the average payscale for OSU Alum. Just like at ATP graduate from our school and get paid more.:sarcasm:

[quote
(PS... the OU aviation department does fly some nice aircraft, however starting pay $8? Hahahaha... stop giving all your money to the football players! :D;))
[/quote]

Haha... I see now, its so clear where I should have attended ;).

Check your PM's!

Back