OKC - July 17th basics Class changed to July 28th !!!!!

Lalexf

I just received this in an email from David Traynor today!!!! Thought I would pass it along!

This would be for the ATC Basics class.....

The only thing we are waiting on is your security clearance. Once I receive it, I will be able to lock you into a class and send you a firm offer letter. The July 17th class has changed to July 28th.

David Traynor

No I was always terminal. they gave me the 2 dates at the PEPC of 7/9 and 7/17 for Terminal basics then onto Terminal class.

Okay. If 7/17 was on the Terminal schedule before, it's not there now.

Yea it was there. I had gone on the Academy web site to check out the dates after the PEPC and they were there as HR had told me. So it has changed. It's all good. I was told the only thing that they were waiting on was my fingerprints and there is nothing they will find because I have the most boring Security and Medical checks!!!! The only thing wrong with me is a slightly elevated level of sodium!!!! Drink less Coke!!!! I am not complaining!!!!!:)

Last week I heard from David Traynor that the only thing they were waiting on were my finger prints. Now I am hearing from all my references that they are getting their letters from the Federal Investigations processing center. Do they have to wait until they get all these back before the FOL???? Just curious...The 28th is rapidly approaching.

I actually received the same exact email last week from Mr. Traynor. I dunno what the order/timeframe is for the security clearance but I am in the same boat as you. I would assume if we didn't have anything show up from fingerprints or previous criminal activity we could get a tentative clearance to head to OKC. Here's to hopefully seeing you on the 28th! :panic:

I actually received the same exact email last week from Mr. Traynor. I dunno what the order/timeframe is for the security clearance but I am in the same boat as you. I would assume if we didn't have anything show up from fingerprints or previous criminal activity we could get a tentative clearance to head to OKC. Here's to hopefully seeing you on the 28th! :panic:

Wouldn't that be funny if your prints were a match of a person of interest they've been wanting to "talk to" in an unsolved mystery?

I AM JUST PLAYIN'... Carry on...

joe.jpg

Okay then. I am happy it's not just me. I sent him an email and called him last week and heard nothing back. I am happy though to know that my name is still being passed around for things. I am just nervous though because one of my references is in Japan and we are trying to get the info to her so she can fill it out and get it back here ASAP!!! Don't need anymore delays.....

Did you find a place to stay yet...I am renting a 1 bedroom unfurnished. I have family close by that is going to bring some temp furniture. It's not like I am going to be throwing dinner parties right. How much furniture do you need to study. ha

As of right now I booked a room at extended stay, but a fellow forum member may have an open room in a two bedroom for me. You have the apartment info where you are staying? I assume they gave you a 3 month lease? I am leaning towards that route over the hotel and just hitting up target for a futon and bringin my tv from home.

are you guys sure the class doesnt start on the 29th? my FOL says the 29th, and i was tentatively scheduled for the class on the 17th

Apparently there is one on the 28th and the 29th. I checked the Academy website to confirm.

4059546933 20683 07/28/2008 08/29/2008 08 Day OKC ACTIVE AMA-511
4059546933 20684 07/29/2008 09/02/2008 08 Day OKC ACTIVE AMA-511

thesoonerkid When did you get your FOL? Did your references have to fill out their info prior to you receiving the FOL? When did you PEPC? Lots of questions I know but you seem willing to answer them. ;) Thank you in advance....

Apparently there is one on the 28th and the 29th. I checked the Academy website to confirm.

thesoonerkid When did you get your FOL? Did your references have to fill out their info prior to you receiving the FOL? When did you PEPC? Lots of questions I know but you seem willing to answer them. ;) Thank you in advance....

I haven't received my FOL either from the LA PEPC in June. I did receive a phone call from a friend yesterday who received the security paperwork. But the 28th is fast approaching and I am very concerned.

And to think I was getting nervous just because I hadn't received any information from the travel department in OKC...
I have a FOL for the 28th class, but I didn't go through the PEPC process.

I finally received an e-mail today stating my security clearance is granted. I'm not sure what the next step is for HR but hopefully it is to send out my FOL and class date.

I finally received an e-mail today stating my security clearance is granted. I'm not sure what the next step is for HR but hopefully it is to send out my FOL and class date.

Awesome!!!! Good for you!!!! Hoepflly they will get you the info soon so they can move onto mine!!!!! Hopefully I'll see you at the Academy in 2 weeks!!! So happy for you!!!!:nana2:

As of right now I booked a room at extended stay, but a fellow forum member may have an open room in a two bedroom for me. You have the apartment info where you are staying? I assume they gave you a 3 month lease? I am leaning towards that route over the hotel and just hitting up target for a futon and bringin my tv from home.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Lodge on the Lake Apts. It is a 3 month lease and their condition is that you pay it all upfront. My Dad is footing the money and as I get paid I will pay him back over the 3 months. I think it averages out to around 24 per day. (for me it's 24 per day. I have to bring my animals, so I have a 300.00 pet deposit as well) Not bad I think. It's about a 10 min drive from the Academy. My family says the area is not rich but it's not poor either. My step brother lives out there and I had him go check it out for me. The people in the office seem to be very nice but they have difficulty answering the phone....something about the ringer being set really low.....i'm thinkin, turn it up. Anyway, they have held an apartment for me for the last 3 weeks and had no prob moving the move in date when they pushed back the academy start date. I also spoke to a lady at the academy that deals with the housing and it will be covered by the per diem.

35 app fee
150 security dep
399.00 per month
15.00 per month water/trash sewage
150.00 off 1st months rent with averages out to 350.00 per month in rent.

Hope that helps

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Lodge on the Lake Apts. It is a 3 month lease and their condition is that you pay it all upfront. My Dad is footing the money and as I get paid I will pay him back over the 3 months. I think it averages out to around 24 per day. (for me it's 24 per day. I have to bring my animals, so I have a 300.00 pet deposit as well) Not bad I think. It's about a 10 min drive from the Academy. My family says the area is not rich but it's not poor either. My step brother lives out there and I had him go check it out for me. The people in the office seem to be very nice but they have difficulty answering the phone....something about the ringer being set really low.....i'm thinkin, turn it up. Anyway, they have held an apartment for me for the last 3 weeks and had no prob moving the move in date when they pushed back the academy start date. I also spoke to a lady at the academy that deals with the housing and it will be covered by the per diem.

35 app fee
150 security dep
399.00 per month
15.00 per month water/trash sewage
150.00 off 1st months rent with averages out to 350.00 per month in rent.

Hope that helps
I'm assuming it's furnished, do you know if they have cable already and/or wifi?
Thanks

I'm assuming it's furnished, do you know if they have cable already and/or wifi?
Thanks

Actually it's not furnished. My parents live in DFW area and are going to follow me up with a bed and TV and random things for the 3 month camp out in OKC. I'm going really low key since I have to move when I get back to Vegas. Trying to save some of the money for that. I don't know about cable. I don't watch it. I am never home so I usally just rent TV shows on DVD....no commercials...it's great. Wifi...still don't know. I was more interested in keeping the expences down. You should check though, if you are interested. It's not going to be luxury living but for 3 months it will do.

Actually it's not furnished. My parents live in DFW area and are going to follow me up with a bed and TV and random things for the 3 month camp out in OKC. I'm going really low key since I have to move when I get back to Vegas. Trying to save some of the money for that. I don't know about cable. I don't watch it. I am never home so I usally just rent TV shows on DVD....no commercials...it's great. Wifi...still don't know. I was more interested in keeping the expences down. You should check though, if you are interested. It's not going to be luxury living but for 3 months it will do.
I've been considering it, to save money. Renting a bed and a couch, bringing my own dishes since I'm driving. But is it worth the hassle to save maybe 5-10 dollars a day? I think I'm just gonna go with walnut gardens or someplace like that. Of course first I need an OKC date lol.

Back