OK.... Toxic Air? Discuss...

I like that the ad for the "documentary" has a picture of a Comet. Flying on a Comet has been known to be detrimental to your health for well over half a century. Start there.

Good link Patrick. As a pilot who has been affected by Aerotoxic Syndrome, I have been following this issue for some time. The more I research it, the more I see that this is a huge problem, and the industry as a whole have been systematically doing their best to cover it up for years. The patterns of illness are very similar and there is a common theme of aircraft types: a disproportionate number of crew and regular travellers from the BAe 146 and Boeing 757.
<O:p</O:p
A good place to start on the Aerotoxic Association site is the About Aerotoxic Syndrome and Testimonies sections.
<O:p</O:p
I don’t want to scare monger, but before you take a flying job, do the research, be aware of the risks, and think hard about accepting a job flying a 146 or 757!

Good link Patrick. As a pilot who has been affected by Aerotoxic Syndrome, I have been following this issue for some time. The more I research it, the more I see that this is a huge problem, and the industry as a whole have been systematically doing their best to cover it up for years. The patterns of illness are very similar and there is a common theme of aircraft types: a disproportionate number of crew and regular travellers from the BAe 146 and Boeing 757.
<o>:p</o>:p
A good place to start on the Aerotoxic Association site is the About Aerotoxic Syndrome and Testimonies sections.
<o>:p</o>:p
I don’t want to scare monger, but before you take a flying job, do the research, be aware of the risks, and think hard about accepting a job flying a 146 or 757!
ive flown 500+ hours as a pax on a 752/3 and ive never gotten sick.
well, once i threw up while on a 752 but thats because i had eaten a Lemon Head off the floor at the hotel in Vegas. but i was 7.

this whole aerotoxic is about as real as chemtrails IMOH

DPApilot - Just because you haven’t been affected, doesn’t mean there’s not a problem. I flew thousands of hours on 146s and 757s till it finally caught up with me. The majority of people are probably unaffected, while others may succumb more quickly. The point is everyone reacts differently to the toxins.

MQAAord – Not everything is dangerous to your health, but Tricresyl Phosphate definitely is!

Hmm
1) Forum handle: TCP for Breakfast
2) mentioning Tricresyl Phosphate (TCP) in post
3) only two posts

troll?

Let me guess... The symptoms are fatigue, stomach problems, disorientation and some sinus thing. As with every other made up illness. :buck:

ive flown 500+ hours as a pax on a 752/3 and ive never gotten sick.
well, once i threw up while on a 752 but thats because i had eaten a Lemon Head off the floor at the hotel in Vegas. but i was 7.

this whole aerotoxic is about as real as chemtrails IMOH

:yeahthat: This is ridiculous.

probably one of the aero toxic peeps googling "aerotoxic" finding this thread and WHAM, create an account and start defending it.

look, this guys "from" the UK, if you go to the aerotoxic website, it has some UK pilots in their forum....

I'm lucky I didn't have a fume event on the EMB-145, and I can't believe they didn't train us on how to handle such a situation! In fact, I've never even heard of oil from a bleed valve managing to work its way into a PACK.

Deicing fluid, on the other hand...

Doesn't everyone know that the oil fumes in the bleed air are where the 'chemtrails' come from...:sarcasm:

Obviously. And I mean that oil wouldn't, you know, start a fire what with the 300+ degree's C that bleed air exits the engine at.

And I mean that's just a guess, I know it's way hotter than that because you'd get a bleed overheat at 305 degree's C, and THAT was air EXITING the pre-cooler.

(Somebody else that fly's the EMB-145 back me up on that, or correct me, because I'm way beyond dequaled on that thing, but that's how I remember the system right now)

Obviously. And I mean that oil wouldn't, you know, start a fire what with the 300+ degree's C that bleed air exits the engine at.

And I mean that's just a guess, I know it's way hotter than that because you'd get a bleed overheat at 305 degree's C, and THAT was air EXITING the pre-cooler.

(Somebody else that fly's the EMB-145 back me up on that, or correct me, because I'm way beyond dequaled on that thing, but that's how I remember the system right now)
i fly the 45 in FLight sim!

my passengers died and i had to make an emergency landing cause of the fumes!!!:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Back