Oh Trump/Vance (DCA P-56 violation)

I was speculating if the crew did something as dumb as flying close to the White House and Capitol at the request of a VIP passenger.

It appears that Trump was in Manhattan yesterday and this morning, then flew to North Carolina in the afternoon.

Vance is on the West Coast, in Phoenix last night and San Diego this morning.

So, no.

Just forgot to arm nav and sat back and watched the show. That’s my guess

I've only ever done that departure in a CRJ, long before there was an RNAV procedure. I was in the jumpseat of a 320 going in a few months ago and was amazed at how easy the River Visual is with an VNAV/LNAV procedure in the box doing all the work, or at least generating FD cues.

I've only ever done that departure in a CRJ, long before there was an RNAV procedure. I was in the jumpseat of a 320 going in a few months ago and was amazed at how easy the River Visual is with an VNAV/LNAV procedure in the box doing all the work, or at least generating FD cues.
I heart RNP and RNAV visuals. I like when people complained that the Expressway Visual turned into an RNAV.
“So… you wanna work harder for the same money?”

Isn’t this the same carrier that overran in LGA. I vaguely remember there being something with one of the pilots or CP having had a DUI or something of that nature. Then there was the TFR thing in Milwaukee. At this point they might as well hire the animals from the movie “Madagascar” to fly them around.

I heart RNP and RNAV visuals. I like when people complained that the Expressway Visual turned into an RNAV.
“So… you wanna work harder for the same money?”
I enjoyed flying it and haven’t flown it since it’s become an RNAV. Probably won’t fly it again unless I leave brown or we start flying into LGA, but I think it’s one of those things that pilots beat their chest about and say “I get to hand fly the airplane”. The Expressway visual wasn’t bad but the river visual could be more of a threat than it was fun.

Isn’t this the same carrier that overran in LGA. I vaguely remember there being something with one of the pilots or CP having had a DUI or something of that nature. Then there was the TFR thing in Milwaukee. At this point they might as well hire the animals from the movie “Madagascar” to fly them around.
I have more trust in these guys
images (5).jpeg

Yes, the RNAV river visual is really easy now, no guesswork. As far as the departure, its an RNAV as well now. I have no data to support this, but I think there has been more P56 violations since the rnav vs what we had before. The clearance was takeoff and fly up the river, which everyone was capable of doing VFR, now there have been numerous violations because a certain mode wasnt armed and the crew didnt catch it until it was too late.

No clue what other people do, but we take off with 331 bugged and at 100-200 agl we turn and arm NAV. Knock on wood, but it seems pretty simple.

Still pretty much hand fly the visual with some FMS backup and guidance, but just stay over the river and you’re fine.

It appears that Trump was in Manhattan yesterday and this morning, then flew to North Carolina in the afternoon.

Vance is on the West Coast, in Phoenix last night and San Diego this morning.

Go figure, it's during the time ZNY radar isn't going bonkers.

..Seems EWR can't even get wrong right..

This happened a few days ago when Vance flew from DC to Phoenix. It’s a situation where you don’t step on Superman’s cape and you don’t go over white buildings in DC.

It's very odd. A couple of pilots flying a jet make a mistake and normally you all would defend them. Nope. TRUMPS JET MISSES TURN, ATTACK! ATTACK!. I'm sure the pilots were substandard and deserve the ridicule. SARCASM

Yes, the RNAV river visual is really easy now, no guesswork. As far as the departure, its an RNAV as well now. I have no data to support this, but I think there has been more P56 violations since the rnav vs what we had before. The clearance was takeoff and fly up the river, which everyone was capable of doing VFR, now there have been numerous violations because a certain mode wasnt armed and the crew didnt catch it until it was too late.
Not EVERYONE...*cough* ExpressJet *cough*

It's very odd. A couple of pilots flying a jet make a mistake and normally you all would defend them. Nope. TRUMPS JET MISSES TURN, ATTACK! ATTACK!. I'm sure the pilots were substandard and deserve the ridicule. SARCASM

This is how i picture you any time you read the word Trump before you race to defend him (no matter how nonsensical or nonsequitur it is to the discussion)

meerkat-googly.gif

Like seriously, reread the thread. One person made a joke of the trump affiliation and everyone else is discussing the procedure or the operator. Of course you, our resident centrist, had to come on with the weirdest take.

Back