Oh BA v1.0.0

The thread at a.net said the plane continued to its next destination with minimal delay, so I'd guess it didn't hit the tail despite how the video looks.

I'm digging back in systems memory a bit, but I think the NB airbus require both mains to sense wow before they pop the boards. That doesn't happen here until after they go TOGA thrust, which also prevents the boards from deploying.

The thread at a.net said the plane continued to its next destination with minimal delay, so I'd guess it didn't hit the tail despite how the video looks.

I'm digging back in systems memory a bit, but I think the NB airbus require both mains to sense wow before they pop the boards. That doesn't happen here until after they go TOGA thrust, which also prevents the boards from deploying.

The only thing I gained from that is that airliners.net is still a thing. Also that you're a member there. Thought that place went extinct years ago.

Watch the horizontal stab on that thing. It shakes. They scraped it for sure.

That could also be from the engine thrust. Normally the stab isn't in the line of thrust so you don'tsee it shake at toga thrust (like a 767 or 737), but with it being right at the ground like that it could be because of the airflow from the engines.

You may be thinking of the half boards you get if only one wheel touches down.

I’ve had a couple of landings in the bus that could’ve been like this… high crosswind landings can be “fun” in the Airbus.

Back