Oh American…. Hey dacuj, can you help them?

PHX

Seems simple callsign and runway readbAAcks are a problem for some.

Switching from approach to tower, a new frequency/new guy, and AA still couldn’t help but be a difficult, miserable person. Phoenix tower’s “Are you ok? You sound hostile” is an awesome comeback.

@Dacuj can you return from your campfire? You are being given a new Special assignment (SA).

It will be called “You can have your own callsign. Except at Phoenix Sky Harbor dot com.”

“Arizonans just don’t get it!”

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zN1VVO0NelE

If I was the FO, I'd be cringing in the cockpit and I'd ask Captain Wonderful to do the radios all the way into the gate. Wouldn't want my voice associated with that embarrassment.

I wonder if tower could tell the difference between a 175 and whatever airplane 1479 was.

At some point you have to say "Hey, I'll work the radios. Your beef isn't worth the 'time off'"

On the AA pages, there's a lot more "that guy is being an axx" than support for Captain Happy. Callsign, clearance, runway, this isn't complicated. The controller is just trying to keep all those in the AA conga line into PHX straight.

Is this the same guy from MSN? The “this is not a VFR airport” or whatever nonsense he decided to spew over the radio.

Is this the same guy from MSN? The “this is not a VFR airport” or whatever nonsense he decided to spew over the radio.

I thought the last guy had the accent of the guy who lost his marbles in PHX a few weeks ago.

Remind me: why were they called “Sky NAAzis” a while back?
Because nothing...NOTHING...can top the arrogance and attitude of a Baby B-Scaler, Flower Mound residing 777 Captain.

Sure, there are some exceptions, but when I was there, the broad brush stroke seemed to apply to most.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same guy. So many crazy geezers that we can’t keep up with them anymore.

I think it spans generations, actually.

There’s just a high level of “coo coo” in aviation at the moment.

I have a friend who does some of the social media stuff for an airline that’s participating at a career fair. Registration is full and they’re not accepting standbys. Broadcast throughout social media.

The number of passive-aggressive ‘that’s not FAIR!’ and parents (parents!) writing about how little Billy is the best regional captain on earth and how DARE they not make accommodations is hilarious to him.

Back