October 20 Standardization Class- what's up?

Girzup

Just checking in to see how things are going in class. There haven't been any posts from anyone one in the class so far, so I guess that means all is going well and so far no one has washed out!

Let us know how things are going. It appears that management is still interviewing and hiring for a November class. Still no date for that class as of today. I'm waiting for a date to plan my move from the frozen north- woke up to ice on the roads this morning... you guys down there are so lucky.

Good luck, and see soon.

SBP, you must be the ATP grad I was talking to at lunch...

Standardization is more intense than I would have guessed, honestely I would recommend getting the Cadet checklists ASAP and start memorizing them. I had to post pone my stands flight today because I didn't get my material until Tuesday afternoon and I've barely had time to look at them. Tough to fly like an instructor if you don't know the speeds or profiles....

Overall though I love this place and I look forward to staying here for awhile.

Standardization sure isn't what it used to be. How many flights do you have to do? When I was hired, it was 4 plus a frasca. Then again, single engine standardization used to cover the arrow and instrument stuff as well. I'm not so sure too many people wash out either. Have you all heard of anyone washing out lately? I'm just curious.

Honestly I barely know what's going on, all I know is that I need to pass my standardization flight, and that everyone fails it their first time. Apparently you get a few chances. I'm looking for an instructor to go fly the cadet with me so i can practice the maneuvers the flight safety way once before the ride.

Hey, who is flying the stanz classes with captain "goooood morning" (Mr. Haaland)? Is DF still in the stanz office.....what is her position at FSA these days? Only ask because I heard Pauline (PP) was going to help out in the stanz department:panic:.

Hey, who is flying the stanz classes with captain "goooood morning" (Mr. Haaland)? Is DF still in the stanz office.....what is her position at FSA these days? Only ask because I heard Pauline (PP) was going to help out in the stanz department:panic:.

Me...I think DF still has the same job, she does all the ground, PP is just helping out, and I guess she will be in charge of stanz on the new aircrafts, those with Hd screens...

I like the view under the cessnas better... unless its a Citation then I just like everything about it better than the pipers :p

I will believe it when I see it. It would be nice for FSA to "splice" glass cockpit training and auto pilot training into the instrument phase.:crazy:

IFR it's already to easy with the two 430s, can't imagine with a glass.

I just hope it has wx radio :D

Are they still hiring for the November class? Any idea when it is? How many MEI's are they hiring? Any information is appreciated.

Are they still hiring for the November class? Any idea when it is? How many MEI's are they hiring? Any information is appreciated.

I know for sure one FSA cfi grad got hired for the next class, but looks like they dont know when this class is gonna be.

I was hired on and they said it will most likely be November 17th for the next class. I sure hope so, I need to make some money so I can start paying off student loans!

Well, after being told my class would start the 17th, it does not appear it will start until sometime after Thanksgiving, they would not give me a date.

That will make it over one month from my interview to the start of my standardization class. Really getting annoyed because I have not been looking for another job and haven't been working for the last month, just waiting on Flight Safety. If I would have known I would have looked elsewhere, I have bills too.

Honestly I barely know what's going on, all I know is that I need to pass my standardization flight, and that everyone fails it their first time. Apparently you get a few chances. I'm looking for an instructor to go fly the cadet with me so i can practice the maneuvers the flight safety way once before the ride.
Maybe FSA need to have you guys fly more mission into stands. program before setting you up for the check-ride. Train to proficiency, maybe?
What about paying you guys into the standards program a fixed wage that allow you to live from?Not only for the hours flown.
Just my 2cents.

Maybe FSA need to have you guys fly more mission into stands. program before setting you up for the check-ride. Train to proficiency, maybe?
What about paying you guys into the standards program a fixed wage that allow you to live from?Not only for the hours flown.
Just my 2cents.

Train to proficiency in Stan? Seriously?! If you're a CFI that means you have a commercial pilot certificate and should be able to fly to commercial standards. Period. Standardization is not for training, it is for standardizing. :banghead:

Since you're not at FSI every day making revenue, why should you get a fixed wage? There are full time instructors there busting it 12 hours a day who don't even get a fixed wage. Gotta crawl before you walk...:bandit:

Train to proficiency in Stan? Seriously?! If you're a CFI that means you have a commercial pilot certificate and should be able to fly to commercial standards. Period. Standardization is not for training, it is for standardizing. :banghead:

Since you're not at FSI every day making revenue, why should you get a fixed wage? There are full time instructors there busting it 12 hours a day who don't even get a fixed wage. Gotta crawl before you walk...:bandit:
Commercial certificate YES, able to fly to commercial standards YES, to a specific school standards and procedures?NO
Instructors not getting a fixed wage and busting 12 hours day? Another gimmie from FSA. Maybe when you'll have filled up your first logbook you'll see things differently. Until then .....keep crawling.
Cheers

Back