October 09?!?!

This forum is full of people who complain about other people's complaints, only to also make sure their own problems are well known, and that they are much worse (Usually comparing their problems with somebody's they've just seen posted). I understand productive criticism, and I accept it from the people who have been asking me questions. I don't take offense to these productive comments, or even ones like RobertB's "Yeah, they are just out to get you man. :panic:" <-- I can laugh at that!, but a lot of this is senseless bickering. I guess more than anything I needed to get a little stress off. It's just hard to see the classes get cancelled I guess, the worst part.

:rawk: Guess I'm waiting now though.

RobertB

BTR baton rouge tower, Louisiana

Hey man, my buddy applied with me VRA back in May, we both got our TOL's about the same time, he was selected for BTR also. I was given a 31 class date in Nov of 08 which I accepted and I graduated in January. My buddy however, had the exact same situation as u. he called me the other day and told me that Brenda Rogers told him that the facility had satisfied their fy09 hiring and to expect to wait until oct 09. So i dont know if it was just that facility or what, but he is pretty pissed as well

The weird thing is just recently they were really pushing for people to go to LA so I dont know

told him that the facility had satisfied their fy09 hiring and to expect to wait until oct 09. So i dont know if it was just that facility or what, but he is pretty pissed as well

The weird thing is just recently they were really pushing for people to go to LA so I dont know

I wish they wouldn't use the phrase "satisfied their fy09 HIRING". That seems to be what's causing a lot of confusion.

What they should be saying is "The alotted slots assigned for XXX facility for FY09 are currently full, there are currently X number of applicants who have been selected for the same facility. You are now #X on that list. As we do not know how they will be alotting slots for FY10 classes at this time, I am not able to give you a timeline for you to expect."

I know it requires more words and looking some stuff up, but it sure would alleviate a lot of confusion and panic.

I know you despise my navyac, but just had to give a tiny rant about that, not directed toward you at all.

I wish they wouldn't use the phrase "satisfied their fy09 HIRING". That seems to be what's causing a lot of confusion.

What they should be saying is "The alotted slots assigned for XXX facility for FY09 are currently full, there are currently X number of applicants who have been selected for the same facility. You are now #X on that list. As we do not know how they will be alotting slots for FY10 classes at this time, I am not able to give you a timeline for you to expect."

I know it requires more words and looking some stuff up, but it sure would alleviate a lot of confusion and panic.

I know you despise my navyac, but just had to give a tiny rant about that, not directed toward you at all.

Is this an assumption or is this information from a reliable source, such as HR maybe? Just wondering... I'm not insinuating that you are wrong.

Is this an assumption or is this information from a reliable source, such as HR maybe? Just wondering... I'm not insinuating that you are you wrong.

Based on how the process has been going since 2007 state specific announcements as well as a rather lengthy detailed conversation with someone at MMAC (not HR, someone involved in the end to end process) after requesting process information through proper government information request channels.

Those are the words he read off the email to me

So Matt, is your HR rep Brenda?

Yes, she is

I don't think her e-mails make her seem aggravated though, they're just quick and straigtforward, probably saves us all some time.

yeah, her replying to peoples emails and doing her job does not prevent other people from getting their FOL's, thats stupid to think that

lol a lot of "aggravated" people here. well i'm still waiting to even see if i passed the tier 2 psychological re-evaluation. be glad you got a FOL, i am begging for mine. i totally understand about taking up a crappy job while you're waiting though...guess i'm not the only one.

lol a lot of "aggravated" people here. well i'm still waiting to even see if i passed the tier 2 psychological re-evaluation. be glad you got a FOL, i am begging for mine. i totally understand about taking up a crappy job while you're waiting though...guess i'm not the only one.

I didn't get my FOL though, we're in the same boat, probably both going to OKC about the same time.

I've come to terms.

Back