October 09?!?!

There's still active classes for FY09 that they haven't begun to fill yet.

Bottom line, if they're telling you after October, that essentially means.

"Hey, there are X number of people that got a TOL before you that are also going to facility XXX and I only have X slots left to assign for FY09 so I am not gonna get to ya. You'll just have to wait until they've decided class dates for FY10 and which dates they're going to give your facility slots for. Once that's done, depending how far down the list for your facility you are I'll give ya a call."

You guys read wayyy to much into what they are telling you.

... and if it makes you feel better or gives you some idea...

**results not typical by any means

• I was told in August to expect a class date in 4-6 weeks.
  • In November I was told to expect a class date after October 2009 (FY10).
  • In January I was told I had a class date of 6/30...really only found out because I called about something completely different.
  • In March I was told I needed to move to class date of 7/10.
  • In March (again) I was told I needed to move to class date of 8/5.
SOOOO... it's a very long process for some people and things can change several times before you actually start.

That said, you will be informed of a date when your facility has been assigned a slot by the ATO, not before. So... sit back relax, pretend you're not even waiting, continue with what you're doing and if you're not doing anything find something. Myself, I am not even going to make final plans until 3 weeks before my class date (there could still be changes after that, Lalexf's case being a great example from last summer). Do I have tentative plans, yes, but I am not betting on them.

I swear if I hear the words Hiring Freeze one more time I am going to flip the flip out! If you all think this is a hiring freeze, then it's been going on since the 07 state specific public announcements.

There's still active classes for FY09 that they haven't begun to fill yet.

Bottom line, if they're telling you after October, that essentially means.

"Hey, there are X number of people that got a TOL before you that are also going to facility XXX and I only have X slots left to assign for FY09 so I am not gonna get to ya. You'll just have to wait until they've decided class dates for FY10 and which dates they're going to give your facility slots for. Once that's done, depending how far down the list for your facility you are I'll give ya a call."

You guys read wayyy to much into what they are telling you.

thanks boomer that makes sense.. well i dont think i should be too worried. Not too many people trying to get into nebraska facility you know? but if i do gotta wait it wont be the first or last time they've told me that

I swear if I hear the words Hiring Freeze one more time I am going to flip the flip out! If you all think this is a hiring freeze, then it's been going on since the 07 state specific public announcements.

Dude, I hope it wasn't a stab at me, because all I said was that I was going to go read the hiring freeze POST not that I was going sit down and relax under the old hiring freeze... as if I know it exists or not, or how much shade it provides (much debate on that).

Maybe this freeze will be... un-frozen

hmm... I guess I take it all back, though in my defense I was speaking figuratively, I just wish there could be progress on my application before this point (Oct '09).

Well, the day's over and I do feel a little better having others empathize with me. Maybe participating a little more on this board will help pass the time for me.

Hopefully I can be one of the lucky ones who gets told Oct. and gets taken early when a slot becomes available.

Oh yeah p.s. How are awesome are we for bombing that other thread in two hours?

[modhat]

Survey says.......0

If you have nothing to offer the poster other than 'bombing the other thread....' it's best to save the keystrokes.

[/modhat]

Your medical and mmpi are good for a year. I am going throught the same thing right now my class date is may 1st and I applied VRA in Jan 08 completed my medical in Mar 08 and mmpi in April 08. Since my class date is over a year past my medical clearance and my mmpi I have to redo both before I can recieve a FOL. The part tht sucks is the medical takes 4 weeks to get back so I am pushing it kinda close. I haven't been able to get a hold of the lady that schedules the mmpi yet. I will give her till the end of the week before I start trying to schedule it myself. Hang in there bud you will get to okc eventually.

AW

Its kind of hard to feel sorry for someone having to wait, when others didn't even get picked up in that huge hiring slate. Be glad you got a TOL, and a facility. Some people don't even know when they will be picked up next.

Sit back, relax, and know you will at least have a job with the FAA.

zz ;)

I can't express how mad I am at this one.
I see almost everyone who applied Pubnat2 got class dates for just before the summer and I got an e-mail that says this:

Since the ATO has already done all their FY09 hiring, you won't be going to class until after October 1, 2009. What facility where you tentatively selected for?

What?!? 1 yr. 5 mo. later at least (99.9% chance it will be longer)? And if the ATO did all of their hiring, does that mean my TOL is now invalid? Your TOL is still valid. Did that position get filled too? It said specifically in the letter I was sent that if my medical history got turned in after the specified date it would count as me declining the position. I wasted over $45 dollars in overnight mail to get that in on time! That doesn't include the numerous other $16.50 overnight letters. You didn't have your forms faxed because... I think they test your stress capacity with these sick mind games! Yeah, they are just out to get you man. :panic:This process has been grueling! Now I'm wondering which tests will be expired by the time the next FY rolls around! I read somewhere else that drug tests expire after 6 months... but what about the physical and MMPI?

Stuck working a job I picked up to fill the gap between college and this at the local grocery store!

Sorry for going on so long...

:banghead:

So who else is as angry about this as I am at this point?

This is bullcrap if we need TOL's again, because I did nothing to slow down the process so obviously the system is set up where it can't always be completed in one fiscal year... You don't need to be reissued another TOL.

Crap, I can't tell you how bad I wanted this. It's the only thing making me so angry. It isn't that long of a wait. Hell, a great deal of controllers that got hired in the early 80s waited much longer than you are going to wait.

So we're probably looking at a TOL a few monts after October 2009... Repeats of tests a few months after that... at least medical and drug (hopefully we can get hit with these JUST BEFORE FY10)... Then a FOL a few months after that. I doubt I'll be in class Oct. '09 though. It is based on what facilities need the most trainees and how quickly those facilities need them.

Please I hope the ATO for some miraculous reason decides to squeeze a few more of us in this FY. Maybe open another class this summer or something. Isn't this more work for HR and other employees of the FAA to have to set all of this up for us again?

I didn't think it was offensive. ?

It's not that it was offensive, but coming from a Help Desk perspective (my current position), it's painfully annoying. You're basically taking the rumor mill and churning it up in front of HR, saying, "Okay, look; I've been reading on the internet ["The View's" Elizabeth Hasselbeck's favorite way of 'proving' something is true] about how all these other people are getting through, and I think I'm being left out because everyone else is getting picked but me." And please believe me when I say that I'm not trying to slam you for anything; it's all about perspective.

I use this forum just to see how everyone else is coming along and to see if I'm missing something. I don't use it as a weapon to wield in front of HR to get faster results. I'm getting terribly antsy because of all the FOLs going out, but I know my rep, BR, is probably terribly busy responding to e-mails and requests from my fellow PUBNATers about when they can have a class date. As a result, she doesn't have time to get class dates because she is too busy responding to petty inquiries. It almost makes me wonder how much quicker this stuff would go if we all left them alone to get our clearances and such done. Heck, we'd probably all be in OKC by now!

It's not that it was offensive, but coming from a Help Desk perspective (my current position), it's painfully annoying. You're basically taking the rumor mill and churning it up in front of HR, saying, "Okay, look; I've been reading on the internet ["The View's" Elizabeth Hasselbeck's favorite way of 'proving' something is true] about how all these other people are getting through, and I think I'm being left out because everyone else is getting picked but me." And please believe me when I say that I'm not trying to slam you for anything; it's all about perspective.

I use this forum just to see how everyone else is coming along and to see if I'm missing something. I don't use it as a weapon to wield in front of HR to get faster results. I'm getting terribly antsy because of all the FOLs going out, but I know my rep, BR, is probably terribly busy responding to e-mails and requests from my fellow PUBNATers about when they can have a class date. As a result, she doesn't have time to get class dates because she is too busy responding to petty inquiries. It almost makes me wonder how much quicker this stuff would go if we all left them alone to get our clearances and such done. Heck, we'd probably all be in OKC by now!

I only asked HR because I didn't know if it was true or not, I figured they would be the ones to go to to get facts from the rumors. I only sent about a total of 5 e-mails since I applied back in May '08, so I don't feel I am badgering anyone...

RobertB

BTR baton rouge tower, Louisiana

I didn't fax my forms because the letter specifically stated originals were needed.

I only asked HR because I didn't know if it was true or not, I figured they would be the ones to go to to get facts from the rumors. I only sent about a total of 5 e-mails since I applied back in May '08, so I don't feel I am badgering anyone...

I hear you on that one. I have so badly wanted to call them or e-mail them a lot of times, but I'm letting it go for now (unless I haven't heard anything by the time I hit that 45 day mark past the PEPC date - that's when we were told all clearances should be in). The last time I e-mailed my HR rep was to see if there were any potential class dates so we can start planning our move (Nashville to STL), and because my wife is graduating college in two months and we need to know when to plan the move. The last time I called was when I was a naive little forum poster back in the day when people were calling about TOLs before they were official... and after that, I was like, "Man, they're not going to get ANY work done today because of all of us calling." That's why I take a somewhat cynical approach to the whole "e-mail a rep" process. It's also why I think it's ludicrous that newbies ask for HR e-mail addresses, but that's another thread.

I hear you on that one. I have so badly wanted to call them or e-mail them a lot of times, but I'm letting it go for now (unless I haven't heard anything by the time I hit that 45 day mark past the PEPC date - that's when we were told all clearances should be in). The last time I e-mailed my HR rep was to see if there were any potential class dates so we can start planning our move (Nashville to STL), and because my wife is graduating college in two months and we need to know when to plan the move. The last time I called was when I was a naive little forum poster back in the day when people were calling about TOLs before they were official... and after that, I was like, "Man, they're not going to get ANY work done today because of all of us calling." That's why I take a somewhat cynical approach to the whole "e-mail a rep" process. It's also why I think it's ludicrous that newbies ask for HR e-mail addresses, but that's another thread.

It seems others concur with what you're saying though, maybe I could have just asked the same question and left out the forum. I barely had any questions to ask, this forum did help me understand early on that the number of times you will get any information is few and sparse.

Back